500 Internal Server Error related to Catalog Mode

Hi everyone,

Desperately looking for help. I recently had my store (version 1.5.6.1) in Catalog Mode, but have since  turned it off and am now getting 500 Internal Server Error messages all over my front office (back office is fine). The store is normally opperated with Catalog Mode turned off (has been running for nearly 12 months with no problem... until now).

I've turned on error reporting, but it didn't provide any details other than it is a 500 Internal Server Error. I have also approached my host server, but they haven't been much help.

I can't figure out what the problem and fix is, and would greatly appreciate any advice.

Many thanks,

Gil

you 'must' find the underlying error, one would hope as you tried already to enable ps error reporting but if this is not happening then you hope to find the errors in the php log from hosting account.

the hosting should be able to help you get error reporting showing.  you can use the free module (see my sig), load that and you can see local/master values of your runtime php.

Thanks for getting in touch, El.

Yes, I have tried the error reporting by don't get anything more detailed than the standard '500' message. In my CPanel, there is nothing in the error log at all.

I contacted my host and they said that they ran a 'permission fix', but that has no resolved anything either.

I also tried to download the module that you suggested, but when I click the download link, a window pops up that say 'invalid key' and I can't go any further.

Not having much luck :(

Some more information from my hosts:

"I have replicated the issue but noticed the Internal Server 500 error appears after the checkout page is accessed during that time below logs are generated in error_log file and when you access any other page/link on the same browser the browser somehow referes to the same script and displays 500 Internal Server error but at the same time if you browse the website on the other browser the error won't show unless you have accessed the checkout page.

Unfortunately, we may not be able to resolve certain issues related to custom coding and scripting errors and you will need to contact your developer for further assistance. In any case, we will be glad to offer as much help as possible if you/developer need to check back something on the server in this regards ."