No carriers available.

Hi,

I have a problem with Presta Shop 1.6 Shipping methods!

I've added carrier and assign Europe zone to the Carrier and set it as free shipping carrier, also I activate all of Europe countries in countries and activate Europe in zones!

But when I tried to buy some test product from myself to test the checkout progress in Shipping section I've seen : No carriers available. !!!

So, how can I solve this problem ?!

Thanks a lot

Can you describe how you configured carriers, zones, etc?

I have activated Europe in Zones, and deleted all other zones. In countries I have activated only my country, since I have no intention to target costumers from other countries.

As for carriers I have tried to create a new carrier using the wizard, following the Prestashop users guide. In step 2 I tried both of biling behaviors, according to price or weight, only for Europe zone. For instance a range between 0 and 40 kg= a 30 curency fee. In step 3, 0 for all values for dimensions and all clients groups cheked. I have instaled a carrier module for presta, and also tried to configure a pick up in store carrier, free of charge. Same result: No carrier available for this addres. Deleted the addres, added a new one, deleted the account, created a new one with a diferent addres. No results. In shipping preferences handling charges 0, free shiping starts at 500 free shipping starts at 0 kg. Default carrier tried all of them, sort by price, order by ascending. In products page-shipping I have not selected any carrier and left 0 for all dimension and weight and additional shipping fee . But I tried with a couple of products to asign a specific carrier.  Nothing.

I have a theme instaled could it be a theme bug ?

I verified again all settings, and theyr seam to be OK. Then i tried to asign a new adress to an existing account, and when I wanted to make it the default adress for delivery I have got an error message, as seen in the attachement.

I get a similar error message when i try to change the qty. of products in shoping cart.

What can it be?

post-856728-0-24669000-1417760557_thumb.jpg

post-856728-0-43747900-1417760573_thumb.jpg

This thing echoes out and breaks everything, no idea where it comes from exactly, it must be your custom code

<!-- Css pentru mesajul de eroare -->

<style type="text/css">
				err
				{
				color:#FF0000;				
				font-weight:bold;
				}
				</style>

<!-- activare jquery -->
				<!-- <script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.9.1/jquery.min.js"></script> -->
				<script type="text/javascript" src="/prestashop/js/jquery/jquery-1.7.2.min.js"></script>

<!-- afisare mesaj de eroare -->								
				<script>
				$(document).ready(function(){
				$(".delivery_options_address").first().after("<center><err>Comanda nu a fost procesata de catre FAN Courier.<br></br>Va rugam sa corectati datele de livrare.</err></center><br></br>");
				});
				</script>																									

<!-- Css pentru mesajul de eroare -->

<style type="text/css">
				err
				{
				color:#FF0000;				
				font-weight:bold;
				}
				</style>

<!-- activare jquery -->
				<!-- <script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.9.1/jquery.min.js"></script> -->
				<script type="text/javascript" src="/prestashop/js/jquery/jquery-1.7.2.min.js"></script>

<!-- afisare mesaj de eroare -->								
				<script>
				$(document).ready(function(){
				$(".delivery_options_address").first().after("<center><err>Comanda nu a fost procesata de catre FAN Courier.<br></br>Va rugam sa corectati datele de livrare.</err></center><br></br>");
				});
				</script>		

Unfortunately for me I have no programing knowledge bus as I see this must be from carriers module which I instaled ( FAN Courier).

But I had this problem before I instaled it. Infact this vas the reason I instaled the module, to see if this will make a difference. Obviously did not. Now I uninstaled this module and even erased it, but I still have no result. And I have never seen this error message which appears in the script ”Comanda nu a fost procesata de catre FAN Courier....Va rugam sa corectati datele de livrare” which can be translated as ”The order was not processed by FAN Courier... Please correct the delivery informations”

As I mentioned before, I only want a simple delivery tax calculation something like 20 RON for orders up to 500 lei and free delivery for orders above 500 lei.

I have deleted all the carriers and costumers, checked again the zones and countries settings, created a new account, put something in shoping cart, tried to check out and... same result. No carrier available.

What is to be done?

As I mentioned, I am not  a programmer nor a web designer and I have spent  a lot of time with this project, and now I am stuck in this point, This is becoming frustrating.

I would gladly do that, but honestly I have no clue. I started by deleting, not only deactivating, all zones except Europe, and it didn t worked, than I deleted all countries except Romania, and it didn t worked, than I deleted all states except Romanian onces and no results too. From here I dont know when it started to work because I stoped checking after each step I did. I checked again each step in Preferences, than in Local settings. Maybe there in Local settings-Currencies I changed something in the Formatting, Decimals I am not sure but could it be that ?

Now it is working, I even tried with two carriers and they both appear in carriers list and I can choose from them.

I do not know what caused the malfunction because I instaled the shop reading the documentation http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/English+documentation and folowing each step as described there, including setting up carriers, zones, countries etc.

I still have a few minor problems but I will open a new topic.

So, I am sorry I cannot help with more informations, and thanks again for your help.

Edited by CCG (see edit history)