Product import with attributes and negative price impact

I sell fabrics in my shop.  I have created attributes that relate to the size of the cut piece of fabric, since Prestashop won't allow decimal quantities (II know there's a great module out there for it, but I can't afford the $300 to $400 USD for it).  I have 4 attributes:  Fat Quarter, Fat Half, Full Yard, and Custom Cut.  Since I have several hundred fabrics, I would like to do a csv import, but I don't understand the codes to put in (value, position, etc.).  Can someone help with this?  Here's an example:

SKU 1234 - all four cut sizes apply to this fabric.  Retail is $100.00 per full yard.  So I need a csv file that reflects each type of fabric cut and its impact on the price - a fat quarter is 25% of the retail price or $25.00, a fat half is $50.00, and a custom cut I put to "0" and ask the customer to telephone or email us with his/her required size, then send an individual Paypal invoice for the requested size.

What exactly do I enter into the fields of the csv file so all the information is entered correctly?  I've looked at this sample and I still don't get it:

1000; Color:color:1,Size:select:2; Red:1,L:1; 1000

What are the numbers for?  I know 1000 is the SKU/ID, but why list color twice and what does the 1 stnd for and what does the "select" stand for?  Sorry to be such a nube...

Nobody can help me with this?  Even to direct me to a tutorial or other thread?

I've tried a few combinations, but none of them seem to work, so I must be doing something wrong  - here's one try:

id       price   quantity attributes

1097  20.5     1         Fabric cut:Fat quarter yard (18" x half width of fabric) :0

1097  40.75   1         Fabric cut:Fat half yard (36" x half width of fabric):0

1097  81.5     1         Fabric cut:Full yard:0

1097  0          1         Fabric cut:Custom Cut:0

The part after "Fabric cut:" is the attibutes I've defined, copied exactly.

Nothing changed when I tried to import this file.  ANY help would be appreciated!

Edited by CrystalPhoenix18 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hi CrystalPhoenix18,

The numbers are just for order of the Attribute and attribute value. For example your attributes: Fabric(which has values:Silk and Cotton) and Length(Fat quarter, Fat half , Fat full etc).

And suppose you have combinations like this:

Silk - Fat quarter: $100

Silk - Fat half: $200

Silk - Fat full: $400

and something else combinationations of price for Cotton  of qtr half and full.

Attribute (Name:Type:Position)*  Value (Value:Position)*      Impact on price

Fabric:select:0,Length:select:1   Silk:0,Fat quarter:0           -300  

Fabric:select:0,Length:select:1   Silk:1,Fat half:1                -200

Fabric:select:0,Length:select:1   Silk:2,Fat full:1                  0

Fabric:select:0,Length:select:1 - It means Fabric is a drop down(select) and will appear first(order is given 0). Length is also a drop down and will appear after fabric option(order is given 1).

Hope this helps. It works for me - I use PS 1.6.0.9

Edited by bhaskey (see edit history)

• 1 month later...