Specific color of single item in single column drop down menu

Hi everyone, 

In another topic I found a way to change the background color of a single item in the drop down menu (I use a custom theme, check www.kamer-stukken.com)

To change the CSS of your specific link, open up superfish-modified.css and add:

.sf-menu > li li :nth-child(3) a{color:#FF0000;}

However, this changes the color of all items ranked third. What I want, is to change the color of ONE item in ONE column, so only ONE item in the whole topmenu. Looking forward to the solution for this issue.

Best,

Michiel

I'm a little unclear which level of menu you're trying to affect, if it's the top level, try just:

.sf-menu > li:nth-child(3) a{color:#FF0000;}

If it's indeed a specific one inside one of the top level menus.. then it should be possible to do:

.sf-menu > li:nth-child(2) > ul > li:nth-child(3) a{color:#FF0000;}

Where you would need to change the (2) to be whichever column the link is in

However, if this is for a single link, it's getting a little fiddly, plus, if your category order ever changes, the coloured link will be wrong.. so it might be worth instead altering the template which provides those categories and adding a class to the li tags.

Can't tell from the code what that template file might be unfortunately, the one we use is the blockcategories module, might be different with this theme however. In there though, you should be able to find the <li> tag, and you'll just need to change it like this:

<li class="navcat-{$node.id}">

At which point you'll have a class which you can use to target and recolour any specific link based on its id, which won't get lost when the nav gets re-ordered, just use:

.navcat-9 a {color:#FF0000;}

Hope that made sense, hard to explain in detail without knowing for sure what the template code is like

-

Just had a check and altered code to match the block categories a little more.. but your theme is different from that by the looks, so if you want to find what template you use and post it here, I can give the actual changes needed

Edited by FullCircles (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...