500 internal server error at the end of CSV import doesn't display import report

navid68

I am struggling with the internal server error: at the end of the import there are two cases:

--if the import end successfully then it show the final report, it all OK

--if the import doesn't end successfuly then the final report is not displayed

When the internal server error is shown, the import is actually completed but can not show the ending report with the list of error.

I made few tests with small files, the import is completed but there are few mistakes such as missing image files.

I need the report to find errors, any suggestion?

Navid

I find CSV upload a nightmare. A lot depends on how you host your site and the php settings allowed. Usually on shared hosting you only get very low time out settings.

When working with images I found I could only upload no more than 6 lines in the csv file, often less. I migrated from that to use Store Manager from emagicone and it works great as is directly access the database tables - but it does cost money. The only problem I then have is that i can't use their system to create new products as it cannot force ID which is essential for our systems

So to start, you probably need to investigate your hosting limitations

Thanks for your help Ron,

you are right, the CSV is a nightmare and the forum is full of requests for help!!

In the past I looked at alternatives to importing CSV, I tryed the trial free period of some modules and honestly it was not solving finally my problems.

I pay attention to some details:

- avoid importing big files at peak hours

- split files in areas (mandatory fields, features, images,...)

I doubt that my problem with importing is just the hosting: the imports end normally when all images are existing even with hundreds of products.

When one or more images are missing, the import ends with the error instead of the final report.

I wish I knew coding and could look into the database myself.....

Navid

Normall I use Chrome and there is a case of import with a problem: sometimes choosing a new file to import displays an error.

So I found that Firefox doesn't display any error and switch to Firefox in case of problems.

Hoping in a similar problem, I tryed Firefox after Chrome, but it didn't solve my problem.

Any idea?

It is really important for me...

Navid