Major Issues Updating Prestashop

Hello,

I was using One-Click Upgrade to try and update my Prestashop to the 1.6 version. During the process, I received an error message and the updating process stopped. I tried rolling back and got the same error. I then clicked out of the page and it told me the update would be aborted, only to be logged out of my back office and asked to re sign in. When I put in my information it kept telling me my login failed. I even tried to do a password recovery only to find out the account no longer exists! I am the only admin on my website so there is no other email or user I could use.

I'm no expert in this matter. I did back up my files, and when I tried to re upload them to the server (to the best of my ability) it didn't fix my log in issues. I'm not sure if my Prestashop lost some of its back office information when I tried updating then rolling back or what. My shop name is no longer above the log in box anymore. This is the second time I've had issues trying to update my prestashop. I wish I would have just left it alone.

Can someone please help me with this issue? Again, I'm no expert in coding or anything like that so I'll need directions a novice could understand.

Thanks,

Chris

did you restore both your shop files via ftp and your original db?

I did a manual back up of the FTP files, but unfortunately, there is no manual export of the database. When I uploaded them back into the server I had the same issue again. I think because my one click upgrade failed in the middle of the process, some of the database files became corrupt. I installed a clean prestashop and have been trying to import my old database piece by piece to see which part of it is the problem, but I'm not sure which section of the database allows back office access.

Edited by mrfreeminds (see edit history)