Error: getSummaryDetails() on a non-object (ipn.php)

OllyL

Hi There,

The PayPal module appears to be working correctly but we are getting these errors appearing in Apache whenever a payment is made:

PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function getSummaryDetails() on a non-object in /var/www/prestashop/modules/paypal/ipn.php on line 156

Anyone else experiencing this and/or know of a solution?

Many thnaks in advance,

Olly

• 1 year later...

I upgraded the PayPal module to 3.8.0 and the problem has been fixed

EDIT - No I was wrong, this has not fixed the problem, still getting errors

Hi,

I have the same error with paypal Vers. 3.10.2 and PS 1.6.0.8.

did you find a solution?

Many thanks

Angela

Hi Angela,

From what I can remember the upgrade did in fact fix it but I had to do a bit of purging before it took hold:

• Make sure to clear your smarty cache under the performance options
  • Make sure to un-install the old module in the Modules dashboard, don't just copy the files
  • Once uninstalled trash out the old module directory completely and do a fresh install of the updated module
  • Ensure that you have the PayPal Europe version of the module not the US one

Potentially I did have to make a change to the module script but I'm pretty sure if I had then I would've posted about it here, If you're having no luck with install then I'll check my copy of ipn.php and see if I made a hack fix. 

• Like 1

Hi Angela,

From what I can remember the upgrade did in fact fix it but I had to do a bit of purging before it took hold:

• Make sure to clear your smarty cache under the performance options
  • Make sure to un-install the old module in the Modules dashboard, don't just copy the files
  • Once uninstalled trash out the old module directory completely and do a fresh install of the updated module
  • Ensure that you have the PayPal Europe version of the module not the US one

Potentially I did have to make a change to the module script but I'm pretty sure if I had then I would've posted about it here, If you're having no luck with install then I'll check my copy of ipn.php and see if I made a hack fix. 

Hi

thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately I have again the same error. 

I unistall the module, delete it, and reinstall it 

the module works but some time the status of the order is null, and there are some error in the IPN transactions of paypal.

I don't understand the problem.

thanks

Angela

When you uninstalled the Module did you also check to remove all settings and data? I'm pretty sure this was important too and it only takes 5 seconds to put your PayPal login details back in.

I have checked my IPN.php file and I'm pretty sure that I didn't make any modifications to it (or if I did these were overwritten by the newer versions).  We are running version 3.8.0 of the PayPal module without errors so you could try rolling back to this version and see if it works better. 

You could also check your PayPal IPN settings and make sure you've not got anything weird configured in there. Potentially you could also try setting the IPN url in PayPal directly to your ipn.php file to ensure that it's calling the right address after each transaction but this should be handled automatically in the module. 

Sorry I can't be more help, if I don't write the answer in a forum thread then it usually means that I was doing something stupid so I don't think the solution is something complicated!

Cheers

• Like 1