Link to database cannot be stablised SQLSTATE[HY300] [2013]

HaCos

Hello i am wokring on a vps and for some reason i received several times the following error: 

Link to databaes cannot be establised: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2013] Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error 111

In order to get my store back online i have to login and restart the mysqld service.

Can someone explain me why this is happening or how i could investigate in order to find out why?

Rergards,

--

C

Please let us know how your sort this out.

As i said i am running out of resources and mysqld is getting killed.

I did a demo update to my vps with a larger one with more resources and the error stopped.

I am thinking of adapting the following changes in order to reduce memory usage & speed up my store :

*Charge from FastCGI to php-fpm - this will require to remove apache and install nginx, my host warned me that there are several issues with such a setup.. 

*Replace APC with OpCache

*Update php to 5.5

I am not sure if instead of implementing the above changes, running an nginx as a reserve proxy over apache might work better ..

Any performance benchmarks available?

So many community members struggle learning all facets of managing hosting environment when they should be filling in content boxes and selling.  yo soy tambien.  I now offer PrestaShop hosting.  Anyone needing both tuned PS hosting with access to PS support, PM me.

vale!

I would suggest you to create another account in order to promote your services..

Being a moderator and giving such answers to community members is not really the best thing for the community..