Memcached will work for third party modules

vish007

HI,

We want to optimize the performance of our prestashop site and want to use Memcached for the caching. My question was if we get it installed on the server and configure it on BO as instructed, will it work for any third party modules as well or all the DB queries will need to be changed inside 3rd party modules (to update and read the cache) explicitly?

Many Thanks in advance.

Thanks a lot for your quick replies MacRoy, JoeMartin.

Yeah I could also see use_cache is True by default for queries, in that case, what's the necessity of enabling use_cache in BO by turning cache on. Shouldn't it be working even if disabled from BO.

Thanks,

Also, strangely when I try my site for various Page speed checkers like google page speed tool, I get better results in few tests when the memcached (even any use_cache) is disabled in comparison of when it is selected. (Other parameters like CCC for JS, css etc are enabled in both cases).

That means I am not getting desired result with Memcached enabled (IP address I am giving on 'Add server' is localhost, should it be changed with external IP of my server), Can you Please suggest.

Thanks,