Updating from v1.4.8.2. to latest v1.6 help please

Hiya,

Yeah that is what I am going to do, as I noticed with looking at a new clean install all the shipping has complete changed.

Really worried about that and my payments gateway as you can understand.

Not to worried about design details, more about the engine.

Thanks for your reply.

Start by reading this several times.

http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Updating+PrestaShop

Before you even think of upgrading your live production store...

First make a test copy of your store and ensure the copy works properly.  You can install this as a subfolder on your server, or if you are advanced enough you can install WAMP on your desktop/laptop and do the local testing there.

Once your test copy is working properly, then try to upgrade the test copy.  Take notes on what steps you performed.  Test everything on your upgraded test store, including modules and themes.  Try to log into the site as an existing customer and try to create an order.  Register as a new customer and try to create an order.  Do everything that you believe your customers will do and ensure it all works properly

Once you are confident that the upgraded test store is working properly, then delete the test copy and try to do it ALL OVER AGAIN to ensure you can repeat the process without errors.

Only after you can repeat the process and certified that things are working properly, then attempt to upgrade your live production store. 

Before you upgrade...

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE FULL BACKUPS OF THE WEB CONTENT AND DATABASE CONTENT. 

Make sure they are not corrupt and that they can be used to restore your original site.

• Like 1