Looking for a module to add another cost at time of purchase

We have implemented the Agile Multiple Seller software into our webstore - thereportstore.com, whereby Resellers upload digital downloadable files.  These files relate to various "versions" of software.  ie Sage 300, Version 2014 for example.

The Resellers are very interested in being able to attach a further "choice" to the item which would allow the buyer to purchase an upgrade of the item, at a cost of say $100, or a % of the total item at time of purchase.  Kinda like pre-buying insurance for the new product when it becomes available.

This is quite a large request, and I am at a loss to find something suitable.  I know Prestashop just adds a 1,2,3, item to purchased product that has a new upgrade, but there is never a cost associated with it.  It would be great if whenever there is an upgrade for any of your great products, this option would be available to you as well, then I could use it too!

Is there any software out there that we could implement to do something like this?  Perhaps something that we could implement for now, and be able to send the files out later, when the product is actually out?  Basically an "extra charge" button at time of purchase?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Lise

Edited by The Report Store (see edit history)

Hello Lise,

I'm afraid that I can not help you out here but am interested in your topic. I've heard some similar question but haven't found a good solution yet.

One thing, I didn't get it in your post.

You did mention to the following point. What do you mean? Where is it in Prestashop?

Maybe I will have some ideas on that.

I know Prestashop just adds a 1,2,3, item to purchased product that has a new upgrade, but there is never a cost associated with it.

Cheers,

Tung

When you buy a product from Prestashop, if there is a newer version of it, you will see an "update" button in your order history, that tells you how many updates there have been that you can download.  No extra charge.  I guess you are eligible for the upgrade forever, but what my Resellers want is to be able to charge the customer at time of purchase, to guarantee that they would only have to pay a percentage of the original product, to qualify for the upgrade to the newer version.

The thing with that is, the software has not come out yet, and there is nothing attached to that extra charge, so basically, they are only buying against a future product.  Rather a tricky thing to sell.

Hope this helps you.