Can't install third-party addons after upgrading from 1.5 to 1.6

Biased

Hey all.

So I got a few really weird problems after upgrading from 1.5.5 to 1.6.9:

1. I can't install any of my third-party addons — there is a security pop-up before I try to install an addon and button "Proceed with installation" just adds # at the end of the url and nothing happens after. How can I avoid it?
  2. There is a loading symbol with animation in the left-top corner of back-end and it spins endlessly.
  3. I can't see any errors / notice while dev_mode is true.

Can't find any solution or even discussion related to anything of this sort.

Guess no one encountered anything like that so I'll share my experience on solving this issue.

I moved whole thing (DB + scripts) to another domain where I upgraded Prestashop and that was the cause of the issue in the first place I believe.

Had some stuff left in the browser even though I cleared cookies for both domains (prod and prep) which somehow screwed over my browser. In firefox whole process of installation runs smoothly.

Guess no one encountered anything like that so I'll share my experience on solving this issue.

I moved whole thing (DB + scripts) to another domain where I upgraded Prestashop and that was the cause of the issue in the first place I believe.

Had some stuff left in the browser even though I cleared cookies for both domains (prod and prep) which somehow screwed over my browser. In firefox whole process of installation runs smoothly.

Thanks for coming back with your experiences.  When we move to new hosting envioronment, we should always run a native ps install, just download latest or your version, install on new hosting and let ps do it's pre-install report...this can save us loads of time debug.

for spinning...and other odd behavior, ps debug can help..but there is now so much java we need 'other' tools, for example, chrome...ctl+alt+j  (console)  will allow us to see non-php errors...it's a great tool for your  box.

happy ps'ing

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, 

I'm new to Prestashop and currently testing out the ondemand version 1.6. While trying to install modules from Prestashop  and Vekia link for Zopim chat and Social Network links (http://mypresta.eu/modules/social-networks/social-network-links.html) a popup message appears " This module cannot be installed. This module could not be verified by PrestaShop. Has anyone encountered this? I've paste the full pop up message below. Regards.

This module cannot be installed

This module could not be verified by PrestaShop.

This generally happens when the module isn't distributed through our official marketplace, PrestaShop Addons - or when your server failed to communicate with PrestaShop Addons.

logo.png
Module Import/export a theme Author PrestaShop
Back to modules list

Since you may not have installed this module from PrestaShop Addons, we cannot assert that the module is complying with our safety requirements (e.g. that it is not adding some undisclosed functionalities such as ads, hidden links, spam, etc...).

You can search for similar modules on the official marketplace.

Click here to browse our catalog on PrestaShop Addons.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, 

I'm new to Prestashop and currently testing out the ondemand version 1.6. While trying to install modules from Prestashop  and Vekia link for Zopim chat and Social Network links (http://mypresta.eu/modules/social-networks/social-network-links.html) a popup message appears " This module cannot be installed. This module could not be verified by PrestaShop. Has anyone encountered this? I've paste the full pop up message below. Regards.

This module cannot be installed

This module could not be verified by PrestaShop.

This generally happens when the module isn't distributed through our official marketplace, PrestaShop Addons - or when your server failed to communicate with PrestaShop Addons.

logo.png
Module Import/export a theme Author PrestaShop
Back to modules list

Since you may not have installed this module from PrestaShop Addons, we cannot assert that the module is complying with our safety requirements (e.g. that it is not adding some undisclosed functionalities such as ads, hidden links, spam, etc...).

You can search for similar modules on the official marketplace.

Click here to browse our catalog on PrestaShop Addons.

you're on prestashop cloud?

prestashop cloud is a service from prestashop, where you can host your prestashop in their cloud.

you can't use third party addons there as long as these addons aren't trusted by official addons marketplace.

if you're on your own host, you can install any module you want. even if it's not trusted by addons marketplace.