Carrier Options for UK sellers

As a UK seller, what delivery services would you like to see offered as a prestashop shipping module?

Would a next day delivery for UK be a 'best' choice (Order cut-off say 15h00), with a cheaper 3-5 day option (For UK delivery) be the way to go?

Would a collect from sellers address be the preferred option or drop in to a delivery depot close by for a lesser cost?

Would a cheap service be key, or a problem-free slightly more expensive service?

This is a research question based around a new prestashop only service I am currently designing. Please be gentle :-)

Hello

It would be nice to know what sort of module you are proposing.

I already use:

Royal Mail - Standard delivery

Royal Mail - 24 hour

Royal Mail - 48 hour

Royal Mail - Airsure

ByBox

These are all set up using Prestashops default shipping module which is simplicity itself.

Paul

Hello

It would be nice to know what sort of module you are proposing.

I already use:

Royal Mail - Standard delivery

Royal Mail - 24 hour

Royal Mail - 48 hour

Royal Mail - Airsure

ByBox

These are all set up using Prestashops default shipping module which is simplicity itself.

Paul

Hi Paul, thanks for your feedback. I am all for simplicity and can offer all of the services royal mail does. Would they collect from you directly or do you print the label and drop in to a royal mail depot?

Regards

Niixen

As a UK seller, what delivery services would you like to see offered as a prestashop shipping module?

Would a next day delivery for UK be a 'best' choice (Order cut-off say 15h00), with a cheaper 3-5 day option (For UK delivery) be the way to go?

Hey Niixen, way to go for me definitely.

I'm setting up a UK seller and am looking for integration modules with shipping management software.  My client is keen to use multi channel shipment management where he can print labels and possibly manifests, an easy life basically.

I'm really surprised, being new to Prestashop, that there are not more modules, if any, offerings in this department for Uk shipping.

So I'd like to see an integration with the 'Royal Mail Despatch Manager Online'. Dispatch bay or other service that supports more local carriers like Royal Mail, Interparcel, Parcel Force, Parcel 2 Go etc would be great. not just  Fedex Ups.

I'm having to look at a bespoke option using the API but really don't have the time to branch off at the moment into module development.

All the best with your project!

Hey Niixen, way to go for me definitely.

I'm setting up a UK seller and am looking for integration modules with shipping management software.  My client is keen to use multi channel shipment management where he can print labels and possibly manifests, an easy life basically.

I'm really surprised, being new to Prestashop, that there are not more modules, if any, offerings in this department for Uk shipping.

So I'd like to see an integration with the 'Royal Mail Despatch Manager Online'. Dispatch bay or other service that supports more local carriers like Royal Mail, Interparcel, Parcel Force, Parcel 2 Go etc would be great. not just  Fedex Ups.

I'm having to look at a bespoke option using the API but really don't have the time to branch off at the moment into module development.

All the best with your project!

Thanks for your feedback.

I own the delivery network and we do service manifest print options and will run an automated label printing setup where the shipping label barcode is printed off, slapped on the package and we do the rest. This happens at the point of sale.

How the actual module will work is covered, we have in house developers waiting to get dirty with the code. What I am looking for on here is feedback really about existing services and how they fail with a view to creating the best service for other likeminded online sellers in the UK specifically.

We would offer primarily UK to worldwide shipping options, that match Royal Mail with a returns service, and hopefully in the not to distant future, fulfilment and so on.

The exact service type whether 24/48hr or 3-5 days etc, is where I am getting stuck. Not after massive variety but rather after a few simple services that work, are tracked and cost effective for sellers.

Again, thanks for your feedback :-)

Niixen

If it's any help I have some data for the shop I'm working on. (It's a friends. I'm sure he won't mind some anonymous stats)

I only have data for the last 16653 orders. 4919 chose Parcel Force Next Day for (£2.75 + £.350) over standard Royal Mail parcel (£2.75).  The shop sells organic and eco friendly health & food products, clothes and accessories which is a bit of a niche audience i know but hope is still of use.

Regards

Martin

Niixen

If it's any help I have some data for the shop I'm working on. (It's a friends. I'm sure he won't mind some anonymous stats)
I only have data for the last 16653 orders. 4919 chose Parcel Force Next Day for (£2.75 + £.350) over standard Royal Mail parcel (£2.75).  The shop sells organic and eco friendly health & food products, clothes and accessories which is a bit of a niche audience i know but hope is still of use.

Regards
Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for this, a great help indeed. Does anyone else have stats they would/could share?

Niixen