301 Re-direct from Shopify to Prestashop

shock512

Hi everybody

I am switching from Shopify to Prestashop and will soon be transferring my domain (www.shoukochan.com) to Prestashop (replacing developer.shoukochan.com).

I hope to re-direct all my pages from shopify to Prestashop while keeping the SEO juice. Was checking out this tutorial, might any one of them work for my case? 

http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/website/redirects/setting-up-a-301-permanent-redirect-via-htaccess

Is there a way to re-direct www.example.com/faq to www.example.com/12-faq while keeping the SEO? My concern is the original www.example.com/faq page in shopify will cease to exist immediately once the main domain is switched to Prestashop. Or perhaps is there a way to fully, 100% customize the page url and remove the page ID? If yes we could do without the re-directs too.

Thank you for your time!

• 3 months later...

Hi Shock512 ! 

Did you find a way to migrate from shopify to prestashop ? What did you do ? 

I'm also trying to migrate from shopify to prestashop, found how to set up 301 redirect for all pages except the home page ... (Navigation=> URl redirect) 

I'm thinking to host my old domain on my new registrar and do a 301 redirect but i'm not sure. 

ps: sorry for my english, i'm french !