Category Sort Order in 1.6.0.9

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried this it doesn't work in multi store - it allows you to move the categories but then it doesn't save there position even though it reorders their numbers to show you've moved them if you refresh the page or navigate away from the page and comeback the categories are right back where they were before the original move.

This is holding back the launch of our store and stopping my development of the rest of our catalogue.

Any help would be greatly received

• Like 2

I seem to have essentially the same problem, except that my sort order seems to change at random when I move a category item and then return to the page or refresh the page - some other category has moved in position (seemingly at random) on the return or refresh.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

ok, well, seems like I have the same problem... recently upgraded to 1.6.0.9 from 1.5.6.2 and have had all kinds of stuff blow up on me :(

I move an product to a new location in the sort order and the little green overlay appears that says "Update Successful" yet even a refresh on the front end category page does not display the products in the sorted order that was supposedly just saved. Yes, because I am having to rewrite the template I paid good money for - I have caching turned OFF.

Seems like this is a lingering problem :/

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone found a solution for this issue yet?

Somebody make my Christmas

Yes - A hack to fix is to disable and re-enable the categories in the order you want to them to appear. Hopefully this bug will be fixed in the next version.

Merry Xmas :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@ DigitNZ  do you happen to have a script that does it (see your reply below) or a link to the hack?

Yes - A hack to fix is to disable and re-enable the categories in the order you want to them to appear. Hopefully this bug will be fixed in the next version.

Happy New Year   :)

• 4 months later...

@ DigitNZ  do you happen to have a script that does it (see your reply below) or a link to the hack?

Happy New Year   :)

Did anyone find a solution to reording the categories after an upgrade?

thanks

B

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I came across this old one, But here it goes anyway:

My solution is to start up the admin in the browser in privacy mode.

This resets the cookies.

After that you can use the browser normally.

Works for me all the time.

Hope it does for you too.

Even Google AdWords has this problem sometimes. I got this solution from them.

• 2 years later...