PrestaShop php server ERROR - PACKET ISSUE - urgent

moonmosaic

My prestashop started acting up a couple of months ago after my hosting company changed the php server but I can't figure out what exactly the problem is. every time there is a packet issue it malfunctions. I am getting things like "Warning: Error while sending QUERY packet. PID=3832 or PID=23552". Sometimes I get two orders of the same! Most of the time the problems is consistent with the orders where they are coming through "delivered" and not showing up in the B/O correctly, missing, messages, delivery info etc. Screenshots can be sent if you think can solve this problem. The website is currently on PHP Version 5.3.29 and mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.36, for Linux (x86_64) using readline 5.1.I need this fixed urgently.

Thank you.

Edited by moonmosaic (see edit history)

Hi.

You should contact your hosting company and ask them why this is happening. Unfortunately most hosts will deny any issue and blame it on the site or PrestaShop.

They will be partly right in that PrestaShop has now become very bloated and resource hungry. It sounds to us like the scripts are not having enough time to run hence your errors. If this is indeed the case then the PHP.ini file needs adjusting; we assume that you have access to this?

Regards.
Robin.

The CartExpert Team.

Hi.

You should contact your hosting company and ask them why this is happening. Unfortunately most hosts will deny any issue and blame it on the site or PrestaShop.

They will be partly right in that PrestaShop has now become very bloated and resource hungry. It sounds to us like the scripts are not having enough time to run hence your errors. If this is indeed the case then the PHP.ini file needs adjusting; we assume that you have access to this?

Regards.

Robin.

The CartExpert Team.

What should I change in the PHP.ini file? The hosting company did make a suggestion in this regard and sent me  a link to a document. Unfortunately with no clear knowledge of what is going on I don't know what to change.

move hosting...don't walk..run...

debugging this issue is nothing but a rabbit hole...a lot of time/money...sort of like shaving a pig,  loads of squealing for very little wool.

But how do I know that moving to another hoster will solve this problem? What's causing it and why can't the current hosting company solve it? By the way I use inmotionhosting before I used another hosting company and they were terrible.

Hi.

The hosting company if any good should have been able to help you with this issue.

You need to use the php configuration editor to modify the php settings. We assume that you have access to this? If you do not then you are doubtless on a cheaper shared server where you are restricted to what you may have access to.

If that is indeed the case then you need to consider changing your hosting plan or in our opinion find a better host.

Regards.
Robin.

The CartExpert Team.

Hi.

The hosting company if any good should have been able to help you with this issue.

You need to use the php configuration editor to modify the php settings. We assume that you have access to this? If you do not then you are doubtless on a cheaper shared server where you are restricted to what you may have access to.

If that is indeed the case then you need to consider changing your hosting plan or in our opinion find a better host.

Regards.

Robin.

The CartExpert Team.

Thank you. I have just sent an email to the hosting company to find out about php settings & editing. What buffles me is that I have prestashop 1.6 for a different website and that is working fine on the same server. The older version of 1.4 is the one that started acting up. Why would this old version require more resources all of a sudden? My hoster recommended switching to VPS to increase the packet size to 16M. Currently it is only 5M. Why is this old version of prestashop that ran fine for years need more room whereas the new version is doing fine with only 5M?

Hi.

Regards.

Robin.

The CartExpert Team.

I think I may have found something. Upon checking the php.ini files I saw several versions in the root folder. Looks like someone made a change to the original php.ini file July 30th. Since all problems started happening after this it could be it. If you think this could be fixed please pm me for access.

Thank you. 

post-25726-0-91758300-1414433479_thumb.jpg

Edited by moonmosaic (see edit history)