Help with Cart Rules Please

Kethaera

I have gone over all of the available documentation for the Cart Rules and I believe I have set this up correctly, but since it doesn't work, I must have made a mistake somewhere. Can anyone locate where I have gone wrong?

I am setting up a rule to automatically drop the price when someone buys 5 of an item. I have set up a custom attribute and applied it to the item, and set up the rule to apply when someone buys 5 of the item tagged with that attribute. But as you can see in my included screenshots, when 5 are added to the cart, the price does not drop.

Please let me know if I am not being clear enough.

post-345326-0-62721800-1413934435_thumb.jpg

post-345326-0-62291000-1413934437_thumb.jpg

post-345326-0-09347600-1413934439_thumb.jpg

post-345326-0-44883800-1413934440_thumb.jpg

post-345326-0-25630700-1413934537_thumb.jpg

post-345326-0-70654500-1413934538_thumb.jpg

Hey

I just made the same steps as you mention in your images, and it works out just fine for me.

In this case I always recommend deleting the cache, setting it to "force compile" and might aswell delete the browser cache.

I followed your steps and it is still not working for me, but at least I know it's set up right if it's working for you, and hopefully I can figure out what's causing the problem on my end. Thank you for your help!

I hate to bump this, but is there any additional information I can provide that will enable someone to help me? One reason my business picked Prestashop is the feature to let customers buy x products for y price, but I'm just not able to get it to work and all documentation has failed me.

Thanks to thepan's generous help, we figured out that using attributes was not working, but using features does work. So in my case, I created a feature called "Multiple Purchase Discount" and assigned the following values to it, as suits our products: "Buy 2 for $10," "Buy 4 for $10," etc. Then I set up a catalog rule for each value and set each one to look for that specific feature. Then, on the appropriate products, I assign them to them the proper feature. Now, when a customer selects the proper number of that item, the price in the cart drops automatically.

Hopefully this will help someone else that's having trouble!

• 1 month later...

Help a not-so-skilled newbie please.(Prestashop 1.6)

I have a product that has 12 variables and have succeeded in producing a working drop-down menu at checkout with attributes/.values.. Each item is priced at R25 but It's a low-cost product and I need a customer to buy a minimum of any three packs at R75. I have tried to do this in Cart Rules without any success. I'd appreciate some hand-holding here.  Many thanks.  Philip.

www.healthybody.co.za     (product Rooibos Teas