Country + State dropdowns DO NOT appear in address registration page

Hi,

The problem I am having is in the user registration stage.  When a new user registers and is prompted with the page to fill in their address details the "country" and "state" dropdowns are missing.

They have been there before as some test users I have set up were able to choose their country and state.  When I look back at these users the dropdown boxes are visible for them if you try to edit their address but any user registering from now cannot see them, preventing them from registering altogether as they cannot complete the form (error message requiring them to select country appears "id_country is required", but there is nowhere to select one).

My customer is only planning on selling to the UK and Ireland so these are the only 2 countries enabled in the BO.  The countries have the address format setup correctly as follows...

firstname lastname
address1
address2
city, State:name
postcode
phone
phone_mobile

The carriers are setup correctly also so I have no idea why these dropdowns vanished into thin air??

I was supposed to go live with this site last weekend and this is a major setback preventing the site from registering users. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Edited by Roders (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...