Problem in admin dashboard v1.6-Sub categories disappeared

Let me be very-very honest with my feedback and ill-experience about Prestashop. Presta is the buggiest shopping cart I’ve ever used! None of its version is free from bugs. I know I shouldn’t complain when I’m getting something for free, but C'mon! When millions of shopping carts are dependent on you, you can’t afford to release products full of bugs. And for an amateur like me, these errors becomes the wildest nightmares and make to put extra effort every single time. Here are a couple of the incidents that has really pissed me off:

I started my store with Presta v1.5.6 everything went well for 3-4 months when suddenly I started getting “Undefined” error messages whenever I tried to upload any image for the product. I read for all possible solution for this on the forum but none of them were any help. I finally had to shut down my store because no one would like to buy any product without having an image to describe its physicality. Thereby, I tried updating the Presta version using the lousy “1-Click Update” module which made additional mess inside the store. It gave an error message while backing up the Database. So finally I had no option than a fresh install. I had to let go my store with all the products, categories, etc. because I’m a bit amateur and I don’t have the right idea to backup and restore the file. Moreover Prestashop doesn’t provide any facility to do so. They provide a module to help with this but that too comes for a price. I did a fresh install of v1.6 thinking that it would solve all the problem. One-click install was done by Softaculus and I took a sigh of relief. v1.6 looked very cool to me but again, like I said no version of Prestashop is free from bugs. I’m again facing problem when after 2-3 logins suddenly the sub-categories in the dashboard disappeared. From Sub-categories I mean like if you bring your cursor to Modules tab, a hover appears showing the sub-categories like Modules, Payments etc. For Catalog, you get sub-categories as Products, Categories, etc. So in none of the tabs I’m getting any option. I’m left with main options only. Now, for instance, if I want to add any language or currency, I won’t be able to do so. Moreover, I won’t be able to add themes, etc. I’m just getting main options and I’ve to get most out of them.

I really don’t have any idea how it suddenly disappeared. It worked fine 1-2 times but now it has gone to black hole. Anyone’s having any idea how did it happen and how it can be solved? I’ve already added few products and now I don’t want to remove the installation and do a fresh install. I’m adding few pic so prove my point and give you a better idea.

PS: I’m sorry I had to take images from camera because Alt+Print Screen doesn’t work in my laptop and I had to keep the cursor on options.

post-711737-0-29535800-1413822081_thumb.png

post-711737-0-79763200-1413822104_thumb.png

post-711737-0-16563800-1413822115_thumb.png

Edited by mohitsingh538 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hello Everyone this is the most biggest BUG ever .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :ph34r: :ph34r:  Too bad i have fallen a victim to this , i searched everywhere in my code , tried alot of other stuffs but nothing ever works , please prestashop super stars :D :D   do something please please please please .. !!!!!   thanks in advance ..  

is there still any hope ?  :mellow: :mellow:

Edited by Newlifebeat1 (see edit history)