Upgraded to 1.6.0.9 now no store

I upgraded this morning to the latest version of Prestashop to 1.6.0.9. I have been thrilled with Prestashop minus a few hiccups. However after completing this upgrade. My store no longer loads. I get a white screen. When I click on products in the backoffice I get a white page again. This is very disappointing because I had started recommneding Prestashop to people. I am not at all happy right now.

I did find that my database is fine. Data is still there. But absolutely nothing will load for me outside of basic backoffice functions/pages. Click on a Catalog get white screen. I can click on anything else and it loads.

The problem appears to be with the storefront and catalog > Products link. White pages.

Please help.

Edited by Pierse (see edit history)

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in ##:\#########\################\store\override\classes\Cart.php on line 36 is the line that shows up when you load the store. Being that I changed nothing in any of the code. I do not know how it would get changed.I ended up having to comment out line 36 and 37. now it loads. Being that I did not edit any code here, I still do not know what caused the problem. 

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in ##:\#########\################\store\override\classes\Cart.php on line 36 is the line that shows up when you load the store. Being that I changed nothing in any of the code. I do not know how it would get changed.I ended up having to comment out line 36 and 37. now it loads. Being that I did not edit any code here, I still do not know what caused the problem. 

rename store\override\classes\Cart.php

to

store\override\classes\_Cart.php

this override is from some module you must have installed, you can look at this code to try and determine why it is there.

note; renaming may or may not cause other issues, but generally safe.  Also if upgrading from 1.4,  this  can be old shop mod as in 1.4 it will not automatically remove overrides, it's up to the installing/uninstalling module.