How to transfer HUGE img folder

Hello i have been working with my team on a new version on an existing store.

We did a bulk import of about 2500 products with 2 up to 5 images each one.

Thats was more than 8000 image files.

In order to preview everything localy, we had to generate thumbnails from BO -> Images.

Our theme and the rest default settings have set 11 different image types for each image [see attachment]. At that point we didnt thought other things.

Now we need to push everything on production server..

Thats more than 90.000 image files and img folder is bigger that 1Gb .

Whats the best way to upload all these data on production server? 

One way would be to zip the img folder upload as one file and upzip on production.

Way two could deactivate image types from localhost and keep just one copy of each image, regenerate thumbnails , upload to production, enable all required image typed and generate images on live server.

The best way that i have worked so far but i havent found anything like this on PS is to upload everything straight to amazon CDN or any other CDN and just give the img link to the product in PS. 

Any idea is welcome,

C

post-795785-0-97151000-1413486413_thumb.png

Huge? :) i recently moved a store with 60 gb of data, mainly images.

If you are on a cpanel server the fileuploader works quite well, without upload limitation.. If you throw it up as a zip, you can extract it afterwards.

There is an ajax thumbs generator module paid somewhere sambdha i believe, it was my lifesaver with it.

Good luck..

Huge? :) i recently moved a store with 60 gb of data, mainly images.

If you are on a cpanel server the fileuploader works quite well, without upload limitation.. If you throw it up as a zip, you can extract it afterwards.

There is an ajax thumbs generator module paid somewhere sambdha i believe, it was my lifesaver with it.

Good luck..

60Gb? I admit it, our values are uncomparable :P 

I finally zipped all objects in one file and everything worked as a charm, the issue that created that long transfer delay was that i was trying to transfer the folder with all the containing items and not just one zipped file.

Yes, always zip it.. going much quicker then ftp one for one..

with the 60gb i deleted all subformats, and regenerated the main images after the transfer.. (not with the standard PS regeneration function, but with an ajax version module.. so it kept running, instead of running into server time limitations)

Nice to hear it worked out for you..