[SOLVED] Top horizontal menu edit translation of available items

Using latest prestashop 1.6

i have been trying to set up a menu for  pollypotterstoystore.com. 

on the top menu I want to add also 2 drop down buttons - one for brands (manufacturers)

one for products (categories) with all its branches of subcategories

I have set it up in top horizontal menu configure by selecting under 'available items' one called 'home (mystore)' for 'products' and  All Manufacturers' for 'brands'

brands.png

products.png

and it displays all the drops down beautifully but of course 'home' and 'all manufacturers' are wrong

see attached

home.png

how do i change the word 'home' to 'products' and all manufacturers to 'brands' ?

I waved through pages and pages of translations?

cannot find it?

alternatively i could create a new item in the available items ---that will do all the drop downs -- but i could not manage that?

i can add only 1 link to a new item.. hoe do you add all the sublinks?

Hi Reeze,

Home-> Products:

Go to back office, Catalog->Categories.

You enter here in the top-category, which is Home. Here on the right, there is a little button "Edit" (See image)

post-455771-0-32956500-1413542268_thumb.png

Click on it and then you arrive at an edit screen or the current category (Which was Home). Here you can change the name into Products.

Save and refresh front page to check.

All manufacturers -> Brands.

THis is not a field in the database, but a fixed name. Fixed names can be translated into other language or other wording in Localization->Translations.

Go to localization->translations

Choose "Installed Modues Translations

Choose your theme you currently use

Choose the language you want to translate (English if you want to just change the English wording)

post-455771-0-48494100-1413542414_thumb.png

Press Modify at the bottom right and you enter into the translations screen.

- Press the "Close all fieldsets button"

- Press the button again (this field has changed its name to "expand all fieldsets"). This makes all fields we can translate here are shown.

- Find the module BlockTopmenu

In there you can find the All Manufacturers string. On the right you can translate it into "Brands"

post-455771-0-93651600-1413542638_thumb.png

N.B. Be aware when you translate you take the one from module BlockTopMenu. There is another module that has the 'All manufacturers' string: module blockManufacturers. This is the string in back office which is shown in your own picture in your original post, in the selection box. This one you do not have to translate, as only you see this.

Hope this helps,

pascal

• Like 3