ps configuration not reflecting server’s main php.ini

thx2012

Server is a VPS running multiple PS websites

I have one website for testing.

And another website is my live ps store.

Both websites were upgraded from v.1.4.4.1 over to v.1.6.0.9 successfully.

On the testing site in PS BO, Advanced Parameters > Configuration Information: I configured Required parameters & Optional parameters successfully.. “Optional parameters OK

I did this by editing main php.ini file on the server (/usr/local/lib/php.ini).

Prior to upgrading the live ps store, I noticed that in live store BO, Advanced Parameters > Configuration Information displayed Required & Optional parameters that I had already configured in server’s main php.ini.. For some reason, the ps v.1.4.4.1 did not display resolved parameters.

Regardless, I upgraded live ps store in hopes that the upgrade process would resolve the issue.. It did not.

Troubleshooting,

to confirm configuration, I created phpinfo.php and both testing & live sites display identical configurations.

Configuration File (php.ini) Path /usr/local/lib

Loaded Configuration File /usr/local/lib/php.ini

The only difference between testing & live site, is that live site has dedicated IP for SSL purposes.

Are there specific core files that require replacing?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Are you running suPHP? You could have a php.ini file overriding the default main one outside of your home directory. If you are using cpanel it allows for having account level php.ini files. What I would do to check is to create a php info file in the admin directory and see if it is pulling the same values that PrestaShop is. 

• Like 1

you can use this free module to run phpinfo from back office.  this will show exact values (and which php.ini) is being used.  running phpinfo outside of ps does not show ini_set's done by ps.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/278164-free-module-display-php-environment-phpinfo-back-office/

Thank you!!!!

Wow, that fee module ROCKS!! With both y'all advice, I was able to resolve.. There was php.ini in admin folder overwriting default.. Thanks again for the prompt help!

• Like 1