Good day Prestashop companions.

I'm really hoping to get some help regarding a server/host move that has caused me and my office some pain.

I have recently moved a Prestashop website from one server/host to another, and have followed a guide precisely in doing so.

The problem:
The 'new' site now shows correctly on the new host - BUT none of the links on the site work. They either link back to the old host's page, or they give an internal server error.

Things to note:
- I have modified 'ps_shop_url' within the database to switch to the new information. That is 'domain', 'domain_ssl' and 'physical address' (with its value being only "/" - if it is left empty, my images stop working).

- I have modified 'defines.inc.php' within Filezilla, but it has made no difference in what is displayed when the Internal error occurs. Other people with the same issue have reported the same. There is also no error log being generated within the admin cPanel of the host.

- The old host works perfectly.

This is quite an urgent matter as it is a website being created for a client. Any advice/help will be greatly appreciated.

The website link with the hosting problem: profitek.co.za

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can share to help.

Thank you very much

Edited by PrestashopLearner (see edit history)

Woah...

Ok well.... I went into the Back Office of the new host site, switched off Friendly URL, and also deleted the .htacess file within Filezilla.

This apparently solved the problem?

Switched Friendly URL back on and it seems like it's working to me... 0.o
I haven't copied the .htaccess file back though.

Now I just have to figure out how I can stop the main horizontal menu from linking back to the previous host???