Need help with upgrading

Hello,

I am trying to open a PrestaShop website. I can install PrestaShop directly via my host but it's an older version. When I try to upgrader via 1 click upgrader I get an error. When I try to install PrestaShop via the FTP I get an error when I'm trying to configure Prestashop.

Please help me

Hello, I downloaded the PrestaShop 1.6.0.9 again and I unzipped it and uploaded it to my FTP rootfile. When I refresh my site it gives a PrestaShop configuration site. I have to set my language and then it takes me to a page for terms and agreements, when I checked the box on that I accepted the terms and agreements and click on next it gives me a 500 Internal server error and I get this text:

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Now how can I fix this?

Hello I found my server error log and when I open it I get this:

06.10.2014 12:59:51 speedmonkey-scooters.bike [client 69.58.50.0] PHP Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE in /mnt/webn/b1/64/54251064/htdocs/install/classes/languages.php on line 192

Now I am not sure if this is the last line but it seems like it, I just dont understand it