I’m using PrestaShop 1.6 (default theme) and the standard PrestaShop cart.

I sell posters worldwide and am about to start selling post cards. The customer pays the shipping/postage. The shipping/postage rates are less for the postcards than the prints and I need to be able to build this into my store.

My sole carrier is Royal Mail and I have created separate Royal Mail carrier profiles to offer the two separate rates. Under Products>Shipping I have set up posters and postcards to use their respective carrier profiles. I’m also offering the additional option to poster buyers to pay for either tracked or untracked shipping/postage but I don’t think that’s the reason for my problem.

In Maintenance Mode tests, all works fine if the customer buys only posters or buys only postcards. However, if the customer buys a combination of both posters AND post cards (with two different shipping/postage rates), the final shipping checkout screen (where you are asked to accept the terms of service) breaks apart and displays multiple instances of the Royal Mail logo and carrier information text (Firebug reveals they are in additional HTML TD cells generated by the cart). It looks a mess and cannot be used although the shipping/postage costs displayed are correct.

I'm attaching a screenshot.

I know HTML and css and could play with .tpl files if neccessary. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!!

post-775039-0-46039200-1412205123_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kabarl (see edit history)

Hi,

You need to setup the posters and postcards under different suppliers,

Map the suppliers with carriers and shipping cost.

For example post card supplier shipping cost 5$ and posters supplier 7$. If posters alone shipping cost 5$ or both products 12$.

http://www.modulebazaar.com/en/dropshipper-module-for-prestashop.html

Hi,

how to map the supplier with product?

Hi,

You need to setup the posters and postcards under different suppliers,

Map the suppliers with carriers and shipping cost.

For example post card supplier shipping cost 5$ and posters supplier 7$. If posters alone shipping cost 5$ or both products 12$.

http://www.modulebazaar.com/en/dropshipper-module-for-prestashop.html

Matthiew,

I've had a careful look at this but I can't see any way of doing it in the Back Office. I've created a special supplier for the cards but how do I allocate a carrier specifically to that supplier?

I've added a screenshot to my original post which illustrates the problem.

Hi Everyone,

I've now added a screenshot to my original post which illustrates what the problem is. I've been using PrestaShop for around 6 months now so am not a complete novice but I can't work out how to solve this and I have a stock of cards ready to sell - any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Kabarl,

I found where the problem is.

In my store there are two carriers, one free and one with charge.

The problem you mention is reproduced in my store if I select two products with different carriers each one.

My solution:

Changed default carrier in store to Free Carrier.
Assigned both transport modules to products with free shipping.

Now everything is okay.

Edited by perar (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Matthiew,

I've had a careful look at this but I can't see any way of doing it in the Back Office. I've created a special supplier for the cards but how do I allocate a carrier specifically to that supplier?

Hi,

Contact to modulebazaar, they will show you the configuration for your site..

Thanks,

Matthiew,

Kabarl,

In that module Carrier settings tab, you can assign the shipping carrier with supplier.

• 1 month later...

In Maintenance Mode tests, all works fine if the customer buys only posters or buys only postcards. However, if the customer buys a combination of both posters AND post cards (with two different shipping/postage rates), the final shipping checkout screen

i Have the same problem ...........

2 couriers

all postal prices per items / products charge  by weight only to deliver in the UK

2 couriers and the system works them out perfect in each group 

a> Letter post   ( small Items cheap to post )  "weight to correct postage price "

b> Parcel Post  ( large items cost more )  "weight to correct postage price "

so if

All products are in A> group "Letter post" all postage works and checks out perfect  to weight value

All products are in B> group  "Parcel Post" all postage works and checks out perfect to weight value

and if

2X All products are in B> group "Parcel Post"priced from weight say   £3.20 ( 250 x 2 = 500g  weight )  in total price to post

1X  products are in A> group  "Letter post"priced from weight  1.25  ( 500g ) in total price to post normal by its self but

when together

500g +500g  both A> B> set at = £3.20  for default carrier 

this is not happening and the customer is getting charged  £3.20 £1.25 -=£4.45 ( and NOT just 1,000g at £3.20  this is an example and we have a lot of small low tickets items and now daily getting dropped carts because of this issue

it charges correct for each group carriers BUT THEN ADDS both  A. and B> together NOT the TOTAL WEIGHT

I did set up the default weight carrier to be B> group  "Parcel Post"  just for this problem but not doing this

so now its over changing postal by adding them both together when NOT combining the weight and defaulting to the price of the weight  to postal B> prices

:-(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I have same issue but on my shop in this case the customer don't have any carrier to select (it only appears the full price of delivery) but when customer will go to the next step the message appears: Payments method not installed. So customer cannot finalize the order.

• 1 month later...

Kabarl,

I found where the problem is.

In my store there are two carriers, one free and one with charge.

The problem you mention is reproduced in my store if I select two products with different carriers each one.

My solution:

Changed default carrier in store to Free Carrier.

Assigned both transport modules to products with free shipping.

Now everything is okay.

I tried this solution and it works. Just that for free shipping item, it will show both free shipping and paid shipping. You just need to set higher shipping priority for Free shipping carrier to make the free shipping selected by default.

I have same problem.

If the customer purchase two products with one different carrier each one, then can not proceed to payment.

Someone find a solution for this?

Thank you!

Miguel

I also faced the same issue. My workaround solution is to change the Order Process type from standard to One-Page checkout.

You may find the settings in Preferences > Orders

• 5 weeks later...

Well guys I made a kinda weird trick but it works ... You have to use shiptopay module to get it work.

1. Make a backup of Your MySQL database.

2. Open phpMyAdmin or whatever You are using and go to ps_shiptopay table 

3. You will see a list of your carriers but the most important thing is in id_payment  those are id of Your payments method. As You can see You can set few id_payments for the same id_carrier. You know that that mean.

4. Now comes the tricky part: I found out that in Prestashop when You're using different carriers for different products and You want to put them in the cart then prestashop is looking for id_carrier which is equal ... 0.

5. Now You have to create an entry in this table with Id of Your shop, id_carrier which is 0 and in id_payment put id of payment method by phpMyAdmin (if You want to this by SQL just put this code and change things that I highlated)

INSERT INTO `ps_shiptopay` (`id_shop`, `id_carrier`, `id_payment`) VALUES ('1', '0', '3');

In this case 1 is id of shop. 0 i carrier id and 3 is payment.

6. If You want to another payment method just do this step one more time, just change id_payment.

Hope that will help. Why it works? Dunno, why this is even possible and why presta sucks at this point? I don't know either.

• 5 months later...

Well guys I made a kinda weird trick but it works ... You have to use shiptopay module to get it work.

1. Make a backup of Your MySQL database.

2. Open phpMyAdmin or whatever You are using and go to ps_shiptopay table 

3. You will see a list of your carriers but the most important thing is in id_payment  those are id of Your payments method. As You can see You can set few id_payments for the same id_carrier. You know that that mean.

4. Now comes the tricky part: I found out that in Prestashop when You're using different carriers for different products and You want to put them in the cart then prestashop is looking for id_carrier which is equal ... 0.

5. Now You have to create an entry in this table with Id of Your shop, id_carrier which is 0 and in id_payment put id of payment method by phpMyAdmin (if You want to this by SQL just put this code and change things that I highlated)

INSERT INTO `ps_shiptopay` (`id_shop`, `id_carrier`, `id_payment`) VALUES ('1', '0', '3');

In this case 1 is id of shop. 0 i carrier id and 3 is payment.

6. If You want to another payment method just do this step one more time, just change id_payment.

Hope that will help. Why it works? Dunno, why this is even possible and why presta sucks at this point? I don't know either.

where is shiptopay module ?

• 3 months later...

Hello all.

Well, it's amazing for how long this is spotted as an issue and it's still present in 1.6.1.11.

I'm facing the same issue, If I add 2 products to cart that don't have the same shipping methods, I get one incomplete shipping method with a value that I don't know were it comes from.

I can't find shiptopay module, can someone help with this?

In my scenario, I've 3 warehouses each with different shipping methods.

If I mix products from different warehouses I get this issue.

Help very appreciated.

Regards

Edited by alvesjc (see edit history)

For completion, I can confirm that it's only happening when the items are sourced from different warehouses.

For testing, I've removed one shipping method from one product that is in the same warehouse of the other, and it worked correctly, it just removed the shipping method that wasn't common to both products.

• 2 months later...

I solved this by editing themes->"yourtheme"->order-carrier.tpl and removing all instances of

"{if $first.product_list[0].carrier_list[0] eq 0} hide{/if}"

This allowed the shipping page to display the different carriers for the different products and when the customer completes the payment PrestaShop automatically splits the cart in two with separate shipping totals in each order.

Thanks,

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

It appears that this module was allowing Prestashop to behave as needed: http://www.prestatoolbox.com/shipping-logistics/59-multiple-carriers.html

However, this module is no longer updated, since PS version 1.4.

Maybe, if we all ask http://www.samdha.net/#contactez-nous they will update the module to work with PS 1.6 and 1.7?..

If you are interested into purchasing an updated version of this module, please post a message in order to communicate your interest!