Category positioning in Layered navigation block issues

Hi

Using PS 1.6.0.9

I have scratched my head for hours...... I'm getting crazy. I'm developing a site (caching is OFF). The positions of my categories do no match to what I see in the front-end.

PLEASE GUYS HELP (See below)

I have a category with id 27

post-829745-0-11494400-1412075807_thumb.jpg

In that category I have multiple subcategories where positions are defined (drag and drop works).

The DnD works but it doesn't seem to update values in the database??? Where is this stored?

post-829745-0-03452400-1412075814_thumb.jpg

This is a view of the database table ps_raphilflocategory of categories where parent id is 27

post-829745-0-98008100-1412075818_thumb.jpg

This is how it looks in the front-end. The "blouses & t-shirts" category is below.... but i needs to be on top under 2 other categories like you can see in the back-end and in the database view.

post-829745-0-84054000-1412075823_thumb.jpg

How is this possible? I simply don't get it. I can't figure it out.

1) If I update the positions in the backend I don't see those changes in the database view and front view although the back-end seems to remember the positions? Eh?

2) If I update the positions in the database directly the front view doesn't get updated.

WHAT AM I MISSING?????

Also have similar issues with product attributes. When I reorder them it seems updated and saved in the backend but does not reflect the changes in the front end.

Please help me.

Regards

Christophe

This is bullshit. Just created a new dummy category, then immediately deleted it and then all my issues were solved.

WHAT THE F***** . It seemed it has to do with this nleft, nright values that were regenerated for those categories.

BUG: Why does PS does not do that when you reorder categories????? Why does it only do that when creating/deleting categires?

And my other issue about attribute positions not being stored I could fix thanks to http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/335042-attribute-value-positioning-problem-after-16/

Sorry but this sucks, such basic things should simply work. Is this even tested before it's released???

• 7 months later...

I am having a similar problem; drag en drop dos not work in any new template being created in "Layered navigation block" module. Changes are being saved but as soon as you get back to open the template, filters order has been changed.

Please, fix this bug.

Thanks