USPS Module not working: Free Shipping and No Carriers Available

Hi Everyone!

Re:

Prestashop v.1.6.0.9

Connect to USPS module v.1.3.5

I have the same issue that has been posted a million times with no real solution so far.

I've spent about 20 hours on this problem, researching and reading all the forums regarding this topic and I haven't been able to resolve this issue. Could someone please help SOLVE THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL?!?!?

A. PROBLEM:

1.  Whenever I add an item to my shopping cart, it says "Free shipping"

2.   When I checkout, it says "no carriers available".

B. THINGS I HAVE DONE:

1.  installed "Connect to USPS" module, entered user ID and it says "Connect to USPS is configured and online!"

2.  Entered settings in Shipping>Carriers>First Class, Priority, Express etc.

3.  Selected carriers in Catalog>Products>Edit>Shipping

4.  Enabled:  North America and all the states (Localization>Zones)

5.  Enabled: North America/United States (Localization>Countries)

****AT THIS POINT: tested and still received "Free Shipping" and "No Carriers Available"

SO THEN I:

4. Enabled Advanced Stock Management by Preferences>Products>Enable

5.  Created a Warehouse and selected all the carriers shown

6. Double Checked that there was inventory in-stock

***STILL THE SAME PROBLEM!!!: "Free Shipping" and "No Carriers Available"

Please help!  Thank you in advance! 

Edited by jakego (see edit history)

Hi iFritz,

Thanks for your response.

I double checked your suggestions and they were already at the correct settings.  I attached a pic, too

1.  Status of USPS service seems to be functioning.  I double checked another website using Prestashop and USPS servers and they are getting quotes and multiple carriers

2.  "Free Shipping has already been set to "no" - see attached pic

3.  Range is 0-10000 which is the default setting - see attached pic

4.  Also, the dimensions of the product are within the limits of the carrier settings, so there is no conflict there.

post-793832-0-33724900-1411758193_thumb.png

I also installed the UPS module and set up the carriers (shipping>carriers>edit).  I am having the same issue where there are no carriers in the checkout screen for either UPS or USPS and it still says "Free Shipping".  No idea at all what I am doing wrong.  Hope this information is helpful.

So, while I'm waiting for someone to reply, I've tried other things.....

I figured that If I installed Prestashop 1.6.0.9 from scratch and didn't change anything, I could see if the shipping modules would work. And this way it would help whomever reads this post to understand more clearly what is going on........Just to let you know, I still have the same problem with the a brand new install. I still cant get carrier rates or options.  I still am getting "free shipping" and "no carrier available".

Below is what I did for the reinstallation of Prestashop:

1.  I did a fresh install onto another new domain name.

2.  I left everything as the default that Prestashop 1.6.0.9 comes as (I didn't change anything at all) and only installed the module "Connect to UPS"

3.  In the UPS module, I entered the API and login info and connected to UPS......  It says   "module_install.pngConnect to UPS is configured and online!"

Then, I: 

4.  I added an item to my shopping cart and tried to check out. . . .  it still says "free shipping" and "no carrier available"

5.  Then, I added values to the package dimensions of the Tshirt that I added to the cart. (catalog>products>edit>shipping).  I just put "10" for all the values.

6.  I cleared cache and tried to add to the shopping cart again, and still "free shipping and "no carrier available"

7. Next,  I went to shipping>carrier>edit  and added maximum values at "1000" for all the values for the UPS shipping options

8.  Still "free shipping and "no carrier available"

So, it seems like even with a completely fresh install and leaving everything as the default that Prestashop 1.6.0.9 comes with, the carrier modules still don't work. 

Anybody know what else I can do to fix this?  As you can tell, I'm getting desperate so I'm trying whatever I can.  I am not a programmer, so I am doing whatever with my limited knowledge.  Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi iFritz,

1. I couldn't find where to "restore defaults" of the module, but I did try resetting the module and re-configured the module by logging in......Still didn't work.  

2.  In my previous post, I mentioned that I did a fresh installation of Prestashop.   I would assume it would be the same as resetting and restoring everything in the store..... and that still didn't fix the issue either.

3.  I read through your link about the manual configuring of USPS.  Thank you for the suggestion.  I will keep it in mind as a last resort if I am not able to fix this problem.  The post mentions that the rates are not accurate and I would prefer to have real-time shipping rates, which is a feature I really wanted in my e-commerce store.

***Question:  After enter my login ID, password and API, If my USPS or UPS module says that the module is "configured and online", does that mean that I am successfully connected to their server or am I supposed to do something else?

Hi Nemo,

Thank you so much for responding. I'm willing to try just about anything at this point.  

From your last response, were you asking if I had entered the +1 USA phone prefix into the Prestashop Back Office?  

The only place I could think of that I would enter the phone prefix +1 for USA is in:  Preferences>Store Contacts>Phone.  Initially, I didn't have any phone number entered in the store contacts.  So, I entered +1 and then the phone number and it didnt work. . . still free shipping and no carriers available.  Was there somewhere else that you were saying for me to enter it?

***I also found under "Localization>Countries>Call Prefix" and by default it is set with "+1" for North America

(Localizations are set at: Zone-North America......Country: United States......States: All are enabled)

(Shipping>Carriers>Edit>Shipping Locations are set for All Zones)

Hello,

Did you authorized all the countries you want to ship to in "localization > zones" ? 

If the problem remains I suggest you to contact our developers on the product page here: http://bit.ly/1qRmdtT

Don't also hesitate to create a ticket on our bug tracker platform so they can review your issue in more details: http://forge.prestashop.com

Have a great day! 

Hello jakego,

I had this same problem using USPS.  I can not help yet with the free shipping as I'm still trying to fix that too.  But I finally fixed the no carriers issue.  Here are the steps I took.

1) Disabled Advanced Stock Management

2) Deleted all carriers in the Shipping -> Carriers menu tab in presta shop. So you are kinda starting over.  I made sure that list was empty.

3) Uninstalled the USPS Module

4) Reinstalled the USPS Module

5) Configured the Module and only the Module.  I did not go back into shipping or an of the specific products. Just let the module take care of things.  I did not even go to any of the categories or products to set up shipping.  Just left it alone.

6) Cleared out cache and bring up a new browser and go to load the store.

7) Started over with my test to put something in my cart and check out.

8) Now there are options for the carrier.

I really hope this works for you because this was something that kinda made my head hurt.  :-)

Funny,  that is what I'm working on right now.  The shipping price seemed to be incredibly high.  I had to fool around with the configuration of the module.  I decided to say that the  product is lighter than it really is, then I placed:

Packaging Size = Regular

Packaging Type = SM Flat Rate Box

Machinable = False

Calculation Mode = All items in one box

And now the price is just under $6.00 in State and $10.00 across the country.  I still think that's high but not sure what else to do.

Hello,

Did you authorized all the countries you want to ship to in "localization > zones" ? 

If the problem remains I suggest you to contact our developers on the product page here: http://bit.ly/1qRmdtT

Don't also hesitate to create a ticket on our bug tracker platform so they can review your issue in more details: http://forge.prestashop.com

Have a great day! 

@Samyha,

Thank you for responding!  I really appreciate it.

I did authorize all the countries I want to ship to.  I even tried to authorize all the countries and all zones.

I saw in another posting that they switched from 1-page checkout to 5 step checkout.  When the store is in 5-step checkout, there is an option to enter the zip code.  After entering the zip code, the shipping quotes and carriers appear.  My store was in the 1-page checkout the whole time.

One suggestion I would make to Prestashop is to have a box to enter the zip or postal code in the 1-page checkout so that the carrier information would show.  I didn't know that the 5-page checkout existed and make a difference.

I prefer the one-page checkout format, but will have to leave it as 5-page checkout to avoid any confusion.

Thanks again for your response and help. Its good to know that I can send in a ticket to developers at Prestashop or utilize their bug tracker platform.

Hello jakego,

I had this same problem using USPS.  I can not help yet with the free shipping as I'm still trying to fix that too.  But I finally fixed the no carriers issue.  Here are the steps I took.

1) Disabled Advanced Stock Management

2) Deleted all carriers in the Shipping -> Carriers menu tab in presta shop. So you are kinda starting over.  I made sure that list was empty.

3) Uninstalled the USPS Module

4) Reinstalled the USPS Module

5) Configured the Module and only the Module.  I did not go back into shipping or an of the specific products. Just let the module take care of things.  I did not even go to any of the categories or products to set up shipping.  Just left it alone.

6) Cleared out cache and bring up a new browser and go to load the store.

7) Started over with my test to put something in my cart and check out.

8) Now there are options for the carrier.

I really hope this works for you because this was something that kinda made my head hurt.  :-)

@ Christa_cross

Thanks for your reply.  I actually saw your suggestion in another posting and tried your steps.  It didn't work, but I think it's because my store was in the 1-page checkout and not the 5-step checkout.  So far, it seems to be working.  

Thanks again for your suggestions.