Second Shop & MultiStore Guidelines

Hello Guys,

I am new in Prestashop 1.6. I am creating two different stores, technology & Fashion. My only concern is, regarding MultiStore:
                      * Do I need to install another prestashop to create the second store in order to connect it in multistore?
                       If I use the "Add New Shop" features in multishop. the default Shop Name appears on the tab of the browser even though I selected the second shop. 

* What is the best procedure in creating the second Shop and connect it to multishop?

Im a little bit confused on these issue. so anyone who are willing to help will greatly appreciated.
          Thanks!

Oh thanks for your reply Sir El Patron, but im confused with where should I start? by the way I've already read those presta-docs. 
     There is no Step by step specific guide in creating the second shop.
     (e.g. Step 1: You need to create or install a theme first to be able for you to select a different theme rather than the default one.
             Step 2: etc.. etc..)
     I used the "Add New Shop" before and choose the default-theme also but after the 2nd shop was created, the banner on the second shop had the same banner with the first shop. every time I change it, it still replacing the banner of the other shop.
    I want a best guidelines from creating the second shop to setting the right URL of the second shop. if you don't mind.. hehe. I'm a little bit slow in understanding this kind of matter.. 'm Sorry. :)

I am having problems with getting a subsomaintomwork with multishop. I have subdomain alacarte.foodalert.com which is pointing to my hosting company servers. I have set up a multishop for this with has the following default parameters:

Domain: www.alacarte.foodalert.com

SSL Domain: www.alacarte.foodalert.com

Physical URL: \

The subdomain within the hosting cpanel has the following settings:

Subdomain.rootdomain     document root          redirection             

alacarte.foodalert.com homeb.gif/public_html change.gif %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}index.php

When I try to load the alacarte.foodalert.com shop I just get server not found error. Can someone assist with correcting this error please

Edited by drjohnwilliams (see edit history)

Oh thanks for your reply Sir El Patron, but im confused with where should I start? by the way I've already read those presta-docs. 

There is no Step by step specific guide in creating the second shop.

(e.g. Step 1: You need to create or install a theme first to be able for you to select a different theme rather than the default one.

Step 2: etc.. etc..)

I used the "Add New Shop" before and choose the default-theme also but after the 2nd shop was created, the banner on the second shop had the same banner with the first shop. every time I change it, it still replacing the banner of the other shop.

I want a best guidelines from creating the second shop to setting the right URL of the second shop. if you don't mind.. hehe. I'm a little bit slow in understanding this kind of matter.. 'm Sorry. :)

without really knowing exactly what you hope to accomplish in nth shop.

There are so many options when you add new store, share not share.

Personally if distinct shops, then I would create with as little sharing as possible so you have most flexibility configuring front office.

I do not know of one guide that will detail exactly best approach because requirements vary.

Thanks again...  I got your point.

But, regarding the URL using a local server (e.g. wamp) How do I set it up in Multistore? Domain is Localhost then Physical URL is /prestashop/.

How do I set the right URL for the second Shop since it has its own theme installed in the /themes folder?
 'coz When I set  "/prestashop/themes/secondshop" in Physical URL, all the css elements was gone. showing only plain text and images. (secondshop is the folder name of my second theme)

Thanks again... although  i dont know how to set up a virtual host in Apache server of Wamp.  ^_^

***By the way, Can i install another prestashop for the second shop in Multistore? to be able for Physical URL to open the 2nd shop directly without any redirection issue when under the main shop. 

When I'm creating a theme using " create new theme" I cant seperate the image slider of the 1st shop from the second shop. They are always copying each other since they were saved in the same folder under /modules.

I think there's a various issue in Prestashop 1.6.0.9 regarding the linking and creating of the second shop in Multistore.
I can't figure it out and I'm stuck with that features. The documentation was stating mostly on " What do I need to know" rather than " What should I do" 

Thanks again... although  i dont know how to set up a virtual host in Apache server of Wamp.  ^_^

***By the way, Can i install another prestashop for the second shop in Multistore? to be able for Physical URL to open the 2nd shop directly without any redirection issue when under the main shop. 

When I'm creating a theme using " create new theme" I cant seperate the image slider of the 1st shop from the second shop. They are always copying each other since they were saved in the same folder under /modules.

I think there's a various issue in Prestashop 1.6.0.9 regarding the linking and creating of the second shop in Multistore.

I can't figure it out and I'm stuck with that features. The documentation was stating mostly on " What do I need to know" rather than " What should I do" 

Hi, 

I am facing similar issue. I would like to have two shops under the same administration.

I followed the documentation - http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Managing+Multiple+Shops But, I don't see any option for Creating a new shop in my back office. Any tips?

Thanks & Regards,

Prerana 

• 2 years later...

hey @elpatron, when you say park or aliase domain2.comto domain1.com , if your shop is on domain1.com/shop, can you aliase or park domain2.com to domain1.com/shop? I have cookie / session issue on earlier browsers it seems to block cookies on add to cart or log in when i iframe / redirect domain2.com to domain1.com/shop , thank you

• 4 months later...