Prestashop 1.6.0.8.

Front end. 

Question. On the category page displaying the products, customer hits add to cart button, the default attributes are selected and its added to the cart.

How can I make it where the customer is required to choose/review the attribute selection when they hit the add to cart from the category page?

It seems like a simple adjustment is required but haven't found the solution yet, any helpful guidance would be greatly appreciated and welcome to be shared with the community.

Look forward to feedback.

• 3 months later...

There is a way to configure this in the back office so that AddToCart button is not displayed on category page for combination products. It's in preferences->products.

This prevents adding to cart without selecting specific combination.

Thanks for replying, yes, I am aware of hiding the "add to cart" with combinations. I am looking for a solution to display the add to cart and have the user choose the attribute options instead of adding the default options directly to the cart.

Let me know anyone.

I guess you could change the AddToCart link to QuickView instead. That would force the user through the QuickView pop-up to select a combination. Either way, you're going to have to force another step: go to product page to select a combination, go to QuickView to select a combination or display some other mechanism (select list?) to select a combination. What do you have in mind?