How upgrade a custom shop?

My prestashop is currently 1.5.1.

Very old!

But.. i am so scared for updating!

I love my webshop. Great colours, good layout.

I modifyed a lot.

Like buttons, weird texts, header width's, footer category's.. 1000 of things are edit by myself.

A really custom webshop.

I am so scared that when i am updating, he changes all back!

It's not just a change in the theme, but in a whole lot of files.

How can i upgrading to the newest version? And stays the shop the same?

I must update because i have issues with category browsing and the mobile theme.

your theme on v1.5 will not work on v1.6, so let's get that out of the way.  you will need to upgrade that theme to support PS v1.6, or you will need to use the new default-bootstrap theme and then re-apply all the changes you made.

If you have modified files outside of the themes directory (for example, classes, controllers, core modules etc...), you will lose them all during the upgrade.

This is not a trivial task.  My suggestion to you is to create a duplicate test store from your live production store.  Keep it completely separate and then run a trial upgrade using the autoupgrade module.  Play with it and figure out what issues you are going to encounter and then determine how you are going to solution them. 

If you kept detailed documentation about the changes you made (why you made them, what files you changed) then that is very good, it will help you determine if they need to be re-applied after the upgrade.  However I am going to guess you did not.  So my next suggestion is to start documenting what you believe you changed.  Get yourself a good file comparison tool and perform a comparison of your current store against the base 1.5.1 package.  That will help you determine what files are different.

Thankyou! No i have no documentation/change log.

I have it for other webshops, but this one was the first..

I am building on another domain a whole new prestashop 1.6. I make that default-bootstrap theme how i want it to be.

Then i export the theme en i upgrade the 1.5.1 to 1.6. Then i import the theme.

When i am updating from 1.5.1 to 1.6. Is every content of the CMS the same as before the update, or delete the upgrade this?

Thankyou for your support!

I am building on another domain a whole new prestashop 1.6. I make that default-bootstrap theme how i want it to be.

Then i export the theme en i upgrade the 1.5.1 to 1.6. Then i import the theme.

Yes, this is a good technique.

When i am updating from 1.5.1 to 1.6. Is every content of the CMS the same as before the update, or delete the upgrade this?

I do not understand the question, could you rephrase this?