Allow Ordering of Out of Stock Products Multistore

IeM

V1.6.0.9 Multistore, Advanced Stock Management

Hi,

I need to show the add to cart button on items even when they are out of stock so that they can still be ordered. This was fine before I changed the site to Multistore.

At the moment, when an item is out of stock there is no add to cart showing.

In the Admin -> Preferences -> Products I have the "Allow ordering of out-of-stock products" set to true for all stores and the store manly in concern.

In Admin -> Catalog -> Products  I have option Available for Order set as true and the product set to available everywhere.

I though out of stock ordering needed be be set for each product as well in Products but I can't see where. Also, this did work for these products before the site was transformed to a multistore, however, it may be the issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Edited by IeM (see edit history)

Something else that i have noticed.

The products that I'm having issues with are the original products that were on the default site before it was turned into a multistore.

While half of these products have have quantities in the Advanced Stock Management, NON of these have quantities in the products list. They do not even have a '0', it is just a '--'.

These same products do not have an 'Add to Cart' button when they are displayed in lists or on their product page. Even though these products are set to be able to be ordered even if out of stock, non of these products can be ordered as there is no 'Add to Cart' for them.

Products added after converting to Multistore do have quantities in the product list and the do have 'add to Cart' buttons even if the quantity is less that 0.

So I suspect that there could be a data base linkage problem.

Esnyper,

As your issue happened in V 1.5, the suggested fix via the link above may work for you. The big down side is that you have to re-list all of your products again after you implement the fix.

I'm hoping that one can export the products, delete them from the site, and then re-import the products back in, though, I'm not sure if this would be simply re-importing the problem. I'm not looking forward to adding all of the products yet again.

My version of Prestashop (1.6.0.9) already had the so called fixes in it but they came with an upgrade after I had the core products on my site, so I'm not quite sure where my site stands. I'm also hoping that this is the core of a couple other issues as well.

• Like 1

If the export, delete, import does not work it will take me a few days to load all the products again so I will have to wait until I have a bit of time, probably next week as I'm at work the next couple of days and have other pressing tasks to do with product.

If I manually load the products it should work as the new products I added are fine. I just really wanted to avail loading all the products yet again.

If the export, delete, import does not work it will take me a few days to load all the products again so I will have to wait until I have a bit of time, probably next week as I'm at work the next couple of days and have other pressing tasks to do with product.

If I manually load the products it should work as the new products I added are fine. I just really wanted to avail loading all the products yet again.

that is understandable, possible export and then import csv?

also I am surprised they have 'fixed' but it requires such drastic intervention for shop manager.  

possible you create 'another' shop from the existing one to see if works?

Ok, I tried another way and it worked.

Simply copy each product which will include the images and then delete the originals. 

The down site is that the links will be different due to the product IDs being different but it is fast. Maybe the product ID's could be then changed in the data base tables.

To copy click the down arrow next to the Edit for a product in the product list, then select duplicate. It is that simple.

Changing the product IDs in the database will be more challenging with potential errors but the new IDs may be fine for you. 

This solution is far easier than exporting, deleting, and importing.

• Like 1

Hi El Patron,

A good idea but I am after a cleaner DB as I plan to add a lot of products over time.

I'm still playing with options as I haven't had much time.

Tomorrow I'm going to try deleting the originals after duplicating them, and then get into the DB and change the id_product numbers to match the originals. As I do not know what sustains this bug, for example a DB entry, I'm not sure if I will end up replicating the buggy products from working products again or not. It should work. I've just finished creating a list of effected tables specific to my DB in preparation.

If that fails, I may try the export, delete, import idea though that may have the same result.

• Like 1

Ok, the Duplication the product works find and you get a good product listing all be it with the changed URL (different id) but the idea of deleting the original product and going through and updating the product_id in the Data Base of the copy to the original is a fail. You end up replicating the problem as suspected. So without knowing the culprit data base value, don't bother.

As I've wasted way too much time already putting the launch further and further behind, I'm now just going to duplicate the original products to get working ones, delete the originals, and go through the different sites that I have product links in and change them as opposed to trying to get my product_ids to match the originals.

El Patron's idea to redirect the or product pages would be a good solution for most, I just want a cleaner DB.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

hello,

I have same problem , but for some brands i have in stock, and for 2 brands i have out of stock, i don t know why appaer this.

I can t set to allow all products to order.

Please help me.

www.sporton.ro