Obtain specific information from a customer for a custom product before it's purchased

Hi everyone, I'm relatively new to the community but so far, so good.

We have just built a new store and realized we need a certain feature but we are not sure if that feature is available. We need to have specific information from customers in order to ship certain products to them. This specific information is used to customize the product and it must be supplied by the customer. Most of the info is text-based, but they may upload an image as well.

EXAMPLE USAGE:
"Add to cart -> Fill out form... Done"

Prestashop is a great platform and if it had this feature it would be stellar!
Thanks for being a great community and I look forward to your replies.

Prestashop allows you to have both file and text customizations. In Products just go to Customization and choose number of file uploads and number of text fields you need. That is it.

I don't like the placement of the PrestaShop customization fields but there are modules that will allow you to move them. I believe I saw a reasonably priced module for that on MyPresta.eu and while I haven't used it I have bought and been happy with other modules from that developer. There are others as well.

The solution I went with was Attribute Wizard Pro from Presto Changeo since I needed other features that the module also offered. This is a really good module and it allows fileupload, textbox, and textblock for customization and allows you to make the field a required field. It also adds a bunch of other features that I find very useful but might or might not be of value to your store. They have a second version that is less expensive and might be better suited to your needs but I have never used that version so I'd suggest contacting the developer.