Prestashop 1.6 Quick search block not showing

BKAS

Hello,

I have a shop with more than 2000 products www.theorangecut.com and I recently found that the quick search was not working well. Some existing products did not appear.

When looking for a solution, and after rebuiding indexes, the first thing I tried was resetting the Quick search module, because the problem was not solved.

But after reset, the seach box disappeared. I checked that it was hooked to displayTop, but it does not show even on the live edit screen. I uninstalled and installed again the module, I tried to hook it to different places, but never shows. I have some changes ready to test to solve the indexes problem, but I cannot do anything because the search box is not showing.

My prestashop version is 1.6.0.8

My Quick search block  is 1.5.1

My theme is Tranformer  3.0.5

I posted on the Transformer forum, but the coders found no solution, they said that it could be related to the Prestashop version.

Has anyone had this problem or has gone through this? 

Regards,

Joe

Joe, if you have checked Quick search box position in displayHeader or wherever you want it to show) is near the top and checked also ajax search is activated in Preferences > Search, I suggest you to check if one of the other modules near search box position might be preventing ajax search box to display. Uninstalling a suspected module and reinstalling Quick Search Box after that should solve the issue. Hope this helps, anyway come back and let us know.

Hi nutxlago, thanks for your help.

I have just removed the modules within displayTop that were not used. I uninstalled Quick search, cleared cache, installed de quick search again. Then I hooked it to displayTop again and positioned first. Only quick searh and cart block remain in the displayTop position. Ajax search is activated, and now instant search. But the Search box is not showing yet, even on the live edit screen. 

I can't understand why.

thanks for your help

Joe

I see several js errors in your page, they are probably causing your quick search problems as FB module and quick search are working with JS.

Invalid App Id: Must be a number or numeric string representing the application id. all.js:56
FB.getLoginStatus() called before calling FB.init(). all.js:56

Ithink the error is cause by Facebook app.Try to switch it off. This is my advice.

Anyway, I am sure someone with more knowledge about JS than me will help yout to mend facebook module to work without causing any error.

Good luck!
Edited by nutxlago (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have updated to prestashop 1.6.0.9, and search is still missing.

I can't believe it. I uninstall it, install again, reset, etc.

I hook it to displaytop or displayheader, and never appears on the screen or in live edit.

I look at the source code and there is no no search block, it does not seem to be a css problem.

Has anybody found some solution for this?

Thanks!

Regards,

Joe

Joe, can you see if js shows errors in "console" or "js section" when using a code inspector like the one in Chrome?

And, have you checked your Customers > Groups? Edit each group. Down the page you will be able to see (ctrl+F to search) if quick seach block is enabled to all that customers groups.

Hi nutxlago,

It worked!!

I went to the Customers > Groups page and found that the search module was not activated !!. I put its value to YES for the visitors group, saved the value, and when a I went to the front office to check, there was nothing!.  Back to the BO, everything was set to NO, and I could not change the values. There must be a bug here on the Groups page. To modify the values I went to the database table ps_module_goup with Access and added the values for the blocksearch and the visitors group that were missing. And then the Search Block was again on the screen, it Worked !!!

Now I have to adjust the CSS, and solve the real problem: the search block works badly, I cannot rebuild indexes, etc. But first of all I had to see it!

Many Thanks !!

Joe

Joe, I am glad you finally see the "light"  :D !  Well, for the rest of issues you can try to reinstall it now. Check if admin controllers have the right permissions (folders 755 and files 644) I bet now it is only a question of permissions.

• Like 1