Trying To Solve Category/Sub-category Images

StewartF

Okay so we all know there is a daft problem with sub-category images:

Adding square s/c image to look right shows up nicely on category pages

The s/c page then goes wierd showing image as well as description and omitting grey background

You can add a large rectangular image to 'image', but then you cant do description as it will be same problem. Lack of text will affect seo for that page.  Additionally the rectangular image will then be squashed up and ruined in the square holders on the Category pages.

You can forego a description and just add large rectangular image into description and not add a s/c image, but then you have to deactivate sub-categories showing as otherwise you get the '?' image which is not suitable.

What I would like to be able to do is one of 2 things:

1. Use a square place holder image so shows on category pages and then on s/c page it floats left properly and description wraps around it and the grey background is still there.  A bit like my scrawly image below. This is my preferred solution

2. To add square placeholder image for showing on category pages and on actual s/c page to be able to use <!--   --> to stop image showing and the background and white text still to work.

Any ideas on this?

Stew

post-738133-0-38624200-1410441066_thumb.jpg