Meta information wrong position in 'Deutsch' language - bootstrap default theme

purepixels

Hello,

I have a very strange problem with my webshop. Don't know where to search for in the forum, and every search I made was without results so I start this new topic. 

Here's my situation;

PS 1.6.0.9

Theme: default-bootstrap

Installed languages: NL, DEU, FR & ENG. 

everything works perfect, only I notice a strange difference when I select the german language. The meta and java information from header.tpl is positioned within the <body>. see pictures below;

NL/FR/EN language situation:

292l1f4.jpg

DE language situation:

jpv3gk.jpg

Also, on the frontend, a white margin is positioned above the top bar. Perhaps that comes from a piece of css. I think that this will solve itself after correcting the problem with the meta information. 

Does anybody have a clue where to search for to fix this? 

Thanks in advance for all contributions. 

After some more investigating, the problem seems to be really vague. It looks like the error shows up with rendering the page by the browser. 

When inspecting the source with the "inspect element" tool from Chrome, the error seems there. (see print screens above) When I choose the "Show source" option (to open the source in a new tab), there is no problem in the source with the order of appearance in the <head> & <body> information. 

IE is doing exactly the same as Chrome. Site shows white line on top, indicating the wrong rendering, but source shows no faults. 

Viewing the site with Firefox works well, there is no problem at all.

If I run a SEO test to check my seo efforts on the page, the results show a missing meta title, meta description and other meta tags. So that site (http://seositecheckup.com/) is having the same problem as Chrome and IE browsers. 

The white border on top of the page comes from the empty " " tag, only to be seen when inspecting the element in Chrome. 

I hope this helps to find the problem. Only difference between German and other languages I can think of are the characters with ü's and ö's in some words. I'll try to investigate that for myself. If anybody can give me a hint where to look for, please feel free to contribute :-)

Thnx for thinking along! 

Edited by purepixels (see edit history)