can't find fix: no carrier available... but it should be!

bjp

Using PrestaShop™ 1.5.6.0, using Connect to FedEx module.

Got everything set up, connect to fedex worked fine, at the time of set up offer fedex ground and ground home delivery, through the module settings. Everything has been working properly.

We decided that we wanted to only offer ground home delivery because all our orders were to residence and fedex was charging us more than the module was charging the customer, so I took Fedex Ground off as a carrier leaving only ground home delivery.

Now I am getting the infamous "No carrier has been made available for this selection."

I have checked setting for zones, country, states, all appear to be correct. We are not using advanced stock management.

This is a big problem, I have been trying to solve for hours, I have checked and and rechecked, I have reset and reconfigured the fedex module and gone through PS's Shipping and Carrier setting over and over again. This is for a small local company selling only in the US. I have states assigned to USA and USA assigned to North America zone. I have the single carrier (fedex ground home delivery enabled for North America. Testing with real address.

This is driving me crazy because it was working, and now it's broken. All I did was remove one of two carriers.

PLEASE let me know what else I can try, and extra points if you want to help me fix it.

This is urgent (for me and this business). Help deeply appreciated.

bjp

are you using warehouses?

this thread seems to have some tips, maybe you already looked I don't know, hope it helps

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/261489-there-are-no-carriers-that-deliver-to-the-address-you-selected/?p=1342452

Thank you, no I am not using warehouses, we don't have advanced stock management enabled and if there is a setting for warehouses, I don't know where to look for it. We did not set up warehouses when it was set up and working before.

Is there a place for this when not using advanged stock management?

bjp

Under the carrier's edit summary this is the result:

Carrier name: Ground home delivery

This carrier is not free and the delivery announced is: Ground home delivery.

The shipping cost is calculated according to the price and the tax rule US-TX Rate (8.25%) will be applied.

This carrier can deliver orders from 0.000000 $ to 1000.000000 $. If the order is out of range, the behavior is to apply the cost of the highest defined range.

This carrier will be proposed for those delivery zones:
  • North America

And it will be proposed for those client groups:
  • Visitor
  • Customer

enabled.gifdisabled.gif

Enable the carrier in the Front Office

What am I missing????

bjp

• 2 weeks later...

Did you ever fix this?  I'm having the exact same problem with the USPS module.  I can not get it to work.  Unlike you, I've never gotten it to work at all.  What did you do to get it back? 

I've done all you said you did and I still have so many problems.  I have not carriers in my list and I get a blank page if I try to go to the shipping page.  Please let me know how you fixed it.  The customer is expecting to start selling by Oct. 1.

Thank you.

In may case it turned out to be the FedEx module, which was resetting everything. If you are using the Connect to Fedex module, none of the usual processes should be tried. Just reset the module and let it control things. Don't try to go through all the shipping steps, the module will reset everything and if you change those settings, it doesn't work. That was how I got mine working again. I reset the module and went only through the module for settings. Good luck!

That worked.

Thank you very much.  For those who need a step by step answer this is what I did.

1) Disabled Advanced Stock Management

2) Deleted all carriers in the Shipping -> Carriers menu tab in presta shop. 

3) Uninstalled the USPS Module

4) Reinstalled the USPS Module

5) Configured the Module and only the Module.  I did not go back into shipping or an of the specific products.

6) Cleared out cache

7) Started over with my test to put something in my cart and check out.

8) Now there are options for the carrier.

Thank you for you help.

• 2 months later...

Using PrestaShop™ 1.5.6.0, using Connect to FedEx module.

Got everything set up, connect to fedex worked fine, at the time of set up offer fedex ground and ground home delivery, through the module settings. Everything has been working properly.

We decided that we wanted to only offer ground home delivery because all our orders were to residence and fedex was charging us more than the module was charging the customer, so I took Fedex Ground off as a carrier leaving only ground home delivery.

Now I am getting the infamous "No carrier has been made available for this selection."

I have checked setting for zones, country, states, all appear to be correct. We are not using advanced stock management.

This is a big problem, I have been trying to solve for hours, I have checked and and rechecked, I have reset and reconfigured the fedex module and gone through PS's Shipping and Carrier setting over and over again. This is for a small local company selling only in the US. I have states assigned to USA and USA assigned to North America zone. I have the single carrier (fedex ground home delivery enabled for North America. Testing with real address.

This is driving me crazy because it was working, and now it's broken. All I did was remove one of two carriers.

PLEASE let me know what else I can try, and extra points if you want to help me fix it.

This is urgent (for me and this business). Help deeply appreciated.

bjp

The same exact thing is happening to me I have spent hours trying to fix it and I reset the module and it still does not work. all i want is for one carrier to work, Ground home delivery... Please help!

Thanks

thelaptopdude, Crista_cross's checklist is all I can suggest, since this is pretty much what worked for me.

Make sure you've removed all carriers, uninstall and the reinstall the module that should be handling shipping, and only use that module's settings. In my case it was FedEx, in Crista_cross's it was USPS.

At first the FedEx module installs a bunch of carriers, I just disabled all but Ground, but I did it through the FedEx module settings ONLY.

Good luck!

That worked.

Thank you very much.  For those who need a step by step answer this is what I did.

1) Disabled Advanced Stock Management

2) Deleted all carriers in the Shipping -> Carriers menu tab in presta shop. 

3) Uninstalled the USPS Module

4) Reinstalled the USPS Module

5) Configured the Module and only the Module.  I did not go back into shipping or an of the specific products.

6) Cleared out cache

7) Started over with my test to put something in my cart and check out.

8) Now there are options for the carrier.

Thank you for you help.

• Like 1

thelaptopdude, Crista_cross's checklist is all I can suggest, since this is pretty much what worked for me.

Make sure you've removed all carriers, uninstall and the reinstall the module that should be handling shipping, and only use that module's settings. In my case it was FedEx, in Crista_cross's it was USPS.

At first the FedEx module installs a bunch of carriers, I just disabled all but Ground, but I did it through the FedEx module settings ONLY.

Good luck!

Thank you so much for your fast response, the FedEx module seems to be working fine but I think I do not have my price configuration setup properly.

Once Again Thank You So Much!!

Darrell

http://www.thelaptopdude.com/