Adding new home page Tab

Zeryk

I want to add OnSale Block to the home page tab, next to the New Products Tab on main page.

I was traying regular transplant, that doesnt work. Always got red text: Cant be hooked.

I ve found few topics here related to this but somebody recomend to this, somebody do that , and none of it works:-( I was wondering if anybody can provide step by step solution.

It would be also handy if I can add to the homePageTab (next to the OnSale ) my own category ( not a Block ) which I create . For example, I want to have some products which would be special offer ( some packages, not the discounted products like OnSale block ).

I would be gratefull for any link to the solution.

Thanks.

You have to create a new module, then add these methods to it

hookDisplayHomeTab (for the label)

hookDisplayHomeTabContent (for the actual content)

But you need to know how to create a module. It's quite of a long process to explain. To get category products, I suggest you use category::getProducts using your category Id, then assign products to the template and return the default product list (in the second method I mentioned)

You have to create a new module, then add these methods to it

hookDisplayHomeTab (for the label)

hookDisplayHomeTabContent (for the actual content)

But you need to know how to create a module. It's quite of a long process to explain. To get category products, I suggest you use category::getProducts using your category Id, then assign products to the template and return the default product list (in the second method I mentioned)

Thanks for the answer. I dont know how to create module and in fact if its so difficult , I just leave it. Its not that important.

Thanks again:-)