Restoring Prestashop from backup

Hi guys,

I have installed Prestashop into its own folder called "prestashop".

I have a backup of all of the files etc in that folder on my Desktop PC.

I want to restore the entire Prestashop environment back to when the backup was done.

I am not using the default bootstrap theme and have installed a 3rd party theme as the default.

I have the following questions:

1. Is absolutely everything related to the Prestashop environment contained in the "prestashop" folder?

2. Can I simply copy the "prestashop" folder from my backup into the "prestashop" folder on my server in order to restore absolutely everything?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards

Greg

You do need every thing in that folder. However the most important piece needed to restore is the MySQL database.

If the domain name is the same, and the new database name and the password is the same, then you need to upload the old folders and import the old database.

If the database name and password has changed you need to add the changes to, \config\settings.inc.php

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the quick reply.,

The database and domain are exactly the same.

This is a testing environment and I used the "1 click upgraded" module to upgrade from 1.6.0.6 to 1.6.0.9". Unfortunately although the update worked, it changed the Front End layout on the 3rd Party theme I am using as the default so I want to restore back to prior to the update.

The \config\settings.inc.php is under the Prestashop folder isn't it?

Regards

Greg

Most of those changes come from modules that are shut off during the install. All third party modules are set to disabled, this is to help insure that they don't interfere with the install. You just need to set your module filter to show only modules that are installed but disabled. then enable those modules.

That is your best course, you get your web site and the upgrade. You may as well learn this now because you need to do this every time you upgrade. It doesn't take long.

Also there is a rollback option after you upgrade.