Hi I'm trying to upgrade two shops and getting the same error below. I've contacted the hosting provider and seems I need to give them some more info on what they need to do. Any ideas? Thanks

Analyzing the situation...Shop deactivated. Now downloading... (this can take a while)

[Ajax / Server Error for action download] textStatus: "error " errorThrown:"Internal Server Error " jqXHR: "

Request Timeout

This request takes too long to process, it is timed out by the server. If it should not be timed out, please contact administrator of this web site to increase 'Connection Timeout'.

"

Great thanks did that and works now. Kept looking for php.ini but host is using Litespeed and they, "added the PHP Execution time line into your .htaccess file added the PHP Execution time line into your .htaccess file"

They asked me to follow the below for the other site I have but couldn't get it to work. They entered the RewriteRule ^$ – [E=noabort:1] in the first line is this where it always goes? 

You may experience issues in using your web based backup scripts whereby the script will timeout before the backup can be completed and transferred. This can include wpbackup or Backup Buddy whereby you’re using a script plugin to generate and shift backups to offsite locations such as Dropbox.

To overcome this issue, please add the following line to your .htaccess file:

RewriteRule ^$ – [E=noabort:1]

OR

<IfModule litespeed>
RewriteRule .* – [E=noabort:1]
RewriteRule .* – [E=noconntimeout:1]
</IfModule>

If you continue to experience issues, please contact our technical support team.

• Like 1

Do a google search on how to increase the time and data in php.  You will see plenty of instructions (too much to post here in links, but here's one of them http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3829403/how-to-increase-the-timeout-in-php, but I think there were more) for what folders to go to.  I had the same problems and the instructions in the search helped me successfully get past this problem.

• 3 years later...

Great thanks did that and works now. Kept looking for php.ini but host is using Litespeed and they, "added the PHP Execution time line into your .htaccess file added the PHP Execution time line into your .htaccess file"

They asked me to follow the below for the other site I have but couldn't get it to work. They entered the RewriteRule ^$ – [E=noabort:1] in the first line is this where it always goes? 

You may experience issues in using your web based backup scripts whereby the script will timeout before the backup can be completed and transferred. This can include wpbackup or Backup Buddy whereby you’re using a script plugin to generate and shift backups to offsite locations such as Dropbox.

To overcome this issue, please add the following line to your .htaccess file:

RewriteRule ^$ – [E=noabort:1]

OR

<IfModule litespeed>

RewriteRule .* – [E=noabort:1]

RewriteRule .* – [E=noconntimeout:1]

</IfModule>

If you continue to experience issues, please contact our technical support team.

I did this and it worked to update after 4 days of trying. Thank you a lot, we must pin this solution somewhere.