Cannot upgrade to 1.6.0.9

Hi, 

I'm using the one-click upgrade tool, and facing a problem when trying:

Downloaded archive will come from https://www.prestashop.com/download/releases/prestashop_1.6.0.9.zip

MD5 hash will be checked against xxx

downloading from https://www.prestashop.com/download/releases/prestashop_1.6.0.9.zip

file will be saved in /var/www/xxxxxxx.dk/public_html/adminxxxx/autoupgrade/download/prestashop.zip

download directory has been emptied

Download complete.

"/latest" directory has been emptied

Using class ZipArchive...

zip->extractTo(): unable to use /var/www/xxxxxxx.dk/public_html/adminxxxx/autoupgrade/latest as extract destination.

I have checked for any permission issues and have for security sake given 777 to the entire admin folder, and that did not help at all

Hope you had a backup and are hopefully testing on a wamp or something.  Anyway...I had to put the update folders for 1.6 into both the download folders and the latest folders for some reason.  Make sure you are following this:  http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Automatic+update and that you put the unzipped update folders in both the download and latest or (from my experience) the upgrade wont work.  Good luck!

Many thanks for your tips.

In another forum
http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/336107-cant-upgrade-to-16/?do=findComment&comment=1767525
I was advised to upload the unzipped script only in the following folder:
adminxxx/autoupgrade/latest/prestashop

never in:
adminxxx/autoupgrade/download folder.

What do you think?

My problem was related to INODE server limitation.
To upgrade prerstashop latest release need I upgrade my hosting.

It shouldn't be going into the adminxxx/autoupgrade/latest/prestashop folder....that would create 2 prestashop folders, one inside the other and that will mess it up too.  You will end up with .../latest/prestashop/prestashop.  When you unzip the prestashop update it will extract a prestashop folder along with another file.  You will take this unzipped prestashop folder and copy/paste it into the .../latest folder (ie  end up with the path .../latest/prestashop) and, from my experience put another copy into the .../download folder.

FYI...putting it into it into the download folder wouldn't hurt anything unless you have and need another folder with the same name in there but has different files.  If prestashop isn't programmed to look for anything in there, it will just sit there doing nothing.

The upgrade module, though limited in what it says, compared to what is needed, does give directions that, depending on the way you choose to update (channel type) says to use the download folder.  Specifically, picking the local archive option under channel instructs one to use the download folder to put the unzipped prestashop update folder into.  The local directory option says to use the latest folder.  I just had errors when I only put the prestashop update folder in the one and not the other and had success when I put it in both.  The instructions to put the prestashop update folder in the .../prestashop folder is really just redundant. I have found that what is really meant is to put the prestashop folder in the latest and download folders so you are creating the /prestashop path, because that path is what the module uses to get and run the update.  Hope this helps.

You may need to upgrade your hosting too, that I have no idea of, but I am running on some pretty basic server stuff for my site and test site(s).  My test where I am working out the bugs on my upgrade is on a wamp server on my PC and it handles it fine.  Just don't do the update on your live site until you have everything worked out on an extra backup test copy of your site.

PS - I did not use the latest and download folders to extract to (as identified in your error in the first post) - "zip->extractTo(): unable to use /var/www/xxxxxxx.dk/public_html/adminxxxx/autoupgrade/latest as extract destination.".  Don't set it as the destination.  I simply extracted it an then copy/pasted copies of the prestashop folder into the latest and download folders.  I kept my original unzipped and extracted folders in their own separate locations so I had a hard untouched copy to reuse as necessary (because prestashop has too good of a reputation for update problems) and I didn't want to have to keep downloading it if I had problems.  Hope this helps.