Cart rule action - selected products by customer

When creating a voucher, there's an option in the Cart rule Action tab to apply a discount to Selected Product(s). In the documentation this option is described as:

• Selected product(s). The customer can choose on which products the discount should be applied. Only available for the "Percent (%)" option.

This is what I want, I have set a 10% discount and want the customer to be able to apply this to a chosen product. 

I'm not getting this to work however, when applying the discount to my cart - nothing happens. When trying to reapply it it's telling me it's already been used in the cart. I've tried switching to the default theme, but same result.

Theme I'm using is Leomobi and Prestashop 1.5.6.1

Thanks for the reply @vekia.

Well, this is the thing... I got the impression that it might be possible to either select product(s) from the Conditions tab so in effect the shopowner decides the products to put the discount on or the customer can choose (leaving the Product selection empty - which is what I did and probably why it's behaving in the way it does). As I was hoping this would lead to the effect that a customer can choose any product they want to use the discount on, on the cart page somehow. 

Based on your reply however, and playing around with 1.6 (where you have to select product(s) in the Conditions tab to be able to use the action option Selected products) I'm beginning to understand that what I'm trying to do won't work. At least not that way.

So I'll tell you what I'm trying to accomplish and maybe you are able to give me a solution based on that rather?

I want to create a voucher for customers with a code (not automatic) that gives them 10% off any product of their choice. They should only be able to use it on that one product however.

See, my understanding is that if I put a range of products in the Conditions tab - when the client use the code they will get 10% on ALL the products in the cart that match the criteria in the Conditions tab.

I want something along the line of the radio button option: "Apply discount on cheapest product" - but it shouldn't be the cheapest but the product the customer choose.

I hope my rambling make sense. Maybe you can see a simple solution, or a workaround. Even just confirming how I suspect the cart rule system works in this regards would be a help so I don't spend more time on the impossible. 

Many thanks! :)