how to export customers incl login?

Hi

this is situation:

old ps 1.5.3 which is messed up by a previous webdesigner

so moved it to test environment and upgraded to 1.6.09

the new shop, we want to build fresh so everything is setup correctly

there are about 50 products so that's not a real problem and there a slightly over 200 customers (partially b2b)

is it possible (now this old store is upgraded to latest version) to export these customers/groups with all data including login to the new store?

Thanks

Carlo

if you upgraded then your customers would still be in your shop.

so, I am confused, did you upgrade or create a new shop then plan on porting data?

if that is the case, then you should seriously consider using upgrade path as you will lose links of customers to order to products etc..

http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Updating+PrestaShop

sorry if i was not clear, thought i explained it correctly

There is an old shop > i upgraded this to latest PS version (just to match database tables setup for new store)

So we are not using this store again, it will be deleted

I am going to create a fresh new store with new theme

Products etc. will be created new 

My question was just this: can i move the customer data (their name, address, email, phone etc... + login details) over to the new store so when they visit they can login with their old username/password

I do not need their order history

thanks

sure you can do this, use google search to see all the posts on this subject.

https://www.google.com/search?q=prestashop+export+import+customers+site:www.prestashop.com&client=firefox-a&hs=Ji2&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=fflb&gws_rd=ssl

to keep passowrds working in new  shop, config/settings.inc.php

copy old shop

define('_COOKIE_KEY_'some large value');

to new shop

Hi El Patron

unfortunately all these links are old (checked lots of them before posting) 

there were some nice tips but since there were parts missing from the admin area also i do not want to risk anything and build the store fresh from start

So i do not want to use the old database or anything

The only thing i need is to move the customers and let them use the same login details

On the other hand, maybe (because major part of users are b2b customers which ae in different group with their own prices) it is just as easy to create their accounts again and send them new login details after which they can change their password themselves

what would you advise? I think last option is best...

Hi 

Thanks... i found the table in phpmyadmin that contains all user data including password so i agree with you and think it is best to copy that over

would i still need to change the settings.inc.php if i do this? won't they be able to use their passwords otherwise (because they are in the db after the import...

Hi 

Thanks... i found the table in phpmyadmin that contains all user data including password so i agree with you and think it is best to copy that over

would i still need to change the settings.inc.php if i do this? won't they be able to use their passwords otherwise (because they are in the db after the import...

you will need the change to settings.inc.php as described for them to use their existing passwords.