[solved] Transfering Prestashop to another domain

Hello!

I'm trying to transfer my store from a domain to another, but I can't lose the procucts that are already on store. I transfered the Prestashop Files succesfully, but what should I do with the database? I can't simply transfer it because I can't put the same database name, as a server restriction. Does anybody knows how can I do it? Or how can I rename the database?

Thank you all!

do a full database export from your old host and store that file on your desktop

then on your new host, create a new database with whatever name, username and password, it does not matter

then on your new host, import the database file you saved on your desktop to this new database

then do as El Patron stated, which will reconfigure your Prestashop settings to use the new database

use new db name on new hosting

open config/settings.inc.php

then you are going to use new db credentials here:

define('_DB_SERVER_', 'some db server name');
define('_DB_NAME_', 'some db name');
define('_DB_USER_', 'some db user');
define('_DB_PASSWD_', 'some password');

I did as you said, but now when I try to access the website, it returns " Link to database cannot be established: SQLSTATE[42000] [1044] Access denied for user 'casalpan_loja'@'localhost' to database 'casalpan_prestashop' "

I belive that the error is on " define('_DB_SERVER_', 'some db server name'); ", it was localhost, I tried to change to the new domain's name, but it also didn't worked.

I did as you said, but now when I try to access the website, it returns " Link to database cannot be established: SQLSTATE[42000] [1044] Access denied for user 'casalpan_loja'@'localhost' to database 'casalpan_prestashop' "

I belive that the error is on " define('_DB_SERVER_', 'some db server name'); ", it was localhost, I tried to change to the new domain's name, but it also didn't worked.

re some db server name

it would not typically be domain name.

might get hint by opening with phpmyadmin,, otherwise contact your hosting provider for db server name.

re some db server name

it would not typically be domain name.

might get hint by opening with phpmyadmin,, otherwise contact your hosting provider for db server name.

I found the problem. I made notepad++ look inside backup's archives, and I substituied where was writed pandagames.com.br for casalpandagames.com.br, and it started to work.

Thank you for helping me, El Patron and bellini13.

• Like 1