to which permissions i need to change the files and folder in prestshop installation?

Hi, i am try a lot of time to just install the prestashop platform, and i don't know what's happened :(

after i accept the terms of use, i have to change the permissions of some files right? i mean to this list:

Oops! Please correct the item(s) below, and then click "Refresh information" to test the compatibility of your new system.
  • Permissions on files and folders
  • Recursive write permissions for Apache user on ~/config/
  • Recursive write permissions for Apache user on ~/cache/
  • Recursive write permissions for Apache user on ~/log/
  • Recursive write permissions for Apache user on ~/img/
  • Recursive write permissions for Apache user on ~/mails/
  • Recursive write permissions for Apache user on ~/modules/
  • Recursive write permissions for Apache user on ~/themes/default-bootstrap/lang/
  • Recursive write permissions for Apache user on ~/themes/default-bootstrap/pdf/lang/
  • Recursive write permissions for Apache user on ~/themes/default-bootstrap/cache/
  • Recursive write permissions for Apache user on ~/translations/
  • Recursive write permissions for Apache user on ~/upload/
  • Recursive write permissions for Apache user on ~/download/

I have to say, i am using FlashFXP on windows, than i am select the folders from the list, and then right click and choose "Attributes (CHMOD)" and write 777 and that's not work, even if i try to do what write in the Prestashop Installation Guide that's still not working.. (i mean to change the permissions of the files to 664 and the folders to 775).

But always the installation process still say's this message:

Oops! Please correct the item(s) below, and then click "Refresh information" to test the compatibility of your new system.

someone know what should i do?

Edited by ariel_hatav (see edit history)

I think using as suggested (another ftp program) above or addon to firefox like fireftp.

redo installation an ftp up...

if hosting is not setting ps default permissions and you are forced into chmod then finding alternate hosting will save you time now and future headaches.

in my honest opinion, and what I am now doing is using cloud for all new ps installations.  Here is article from PrestaShop [spam-filter] dh42

http://blog.dh42.com/prestashop-cloud/

:( i have paid for 12 months for this host.. I don't know how to install the system now :( prestashop has a support team?

I am not saying your hosting will not work.

use different ftp as suggest by ps team and myself...

don't give up yet!  I just want you to be aware of issues that you need to watch out for.

I can ask your help? I was try with filazila /flashfxp and thats still not working.. Maybe i really did not know to install systems.. I just need to complete the install. If i will uplad files and give you host details, you can help me? Please? I know i am sounds stupid when asking that but i don't know what should i do without any help..

I can ask your help? I was try with filazila /flashfxp and thats still not working.. Maybe i really did not know to install systems.. I just need to complete the install. If i will uplad files and give you host details, you can help me? Please? I know i am sounds stupid when asking that but i don't know what should i do without any help..

I suggest contacting your hosting and see if they can help first. 

if you unpack PrestaShop to your local  machine and FTP to remote and have this issue I do not think my trying would result in different results.

removed installation link

do this (start over with new ps version)

delete all files on remote server

drop all tables created by previous install (use phpmyadmin)

download from PrestaShop current release (you are using old 1.6.0.5)

unpack

use different ftp program, as suggested, upload files

try installation

for exmpale, cause i always try all, what should i select to this row get removed after refresh the installation page?

• Recursive write permissions for Apache user on ~/config/
    change it to 755 include files and sub folders inside or just the folder?

Friend, do you have Team viewer maybe? i afraid to make mistakes again..

what are the current permissions on the remote folder/files? typically we can check these using the ftp program.

I am curious as to what you hosting default folder and file creation is using.

how i can check that?

When i am right click on it that's show me in the numbers value "XXX" that's allow everything

according to that screen shot the permissions are empty.

I have never seen that.

possible to change your browser lang to english so we can see english fireftp?

its impossible.. i dont see any option to do that :(

also in installation thats don't ask me to choose lang