Address update, error

Hi everyone, there is an error to when updating or change an existing address.

By modifying an existing address from the user account in my addresses, I try to change some address fields, like street, phone numbers etc and save it, when updating it tells me that address alias already exists, I know that exist that is why I want to modify it... if I change the address alias it creates a new address and is not what is intended to "update" the address. 

Any suggestions how to solve this? I've been searching various solutions and have not found anything, 

I tried using default template but the error remains.

Regards

shop url: www.redoli.es/shop1 

PS version: 1.5.6.2

I have the same problem,

a customer can ADD new addresses

(which I do not want in any case - every customer should be restricted to ONE single address!)

but he/she cannot change their own address in any way....!!!!

This is a serious problem, as I require my customers to change their own address!

plz could someone comment on this?

Is this a bug?

plz, help someone,

piku

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks so much for responding so quickly!

Here's the thing: I do not have access to these files nor does my employer want me touching them, but our IT guy does and he couldn't fix it. He turned on the error messages and every line that it told me there was an error he fixed that line in the hard code. (I think it was a closing tag on each line) But that did not fix the problem, it's just a loop, everytime he fixes the line the error is on, it just gave us a new line to fix. So it just went in cycles. Anyway, I suppose my real next question is what file (I only assume there are many) do I need to ask him for a copy of?

Oh, and we use PS 1.6.0.5

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...