google webmasters tools vs seo software

What SEO software are you using? Most are set around common known Google practices. GWT doesn't to my knowledge have an alert for overly long meta data. I would trust the SEO program, they generally provide more insight than GWT does for structural areas. 

I am using visual seo studio, Raven and a few others and all of them see many needed meta changes. Google webmasters tools just see a couple that I already corrected, so shoul I correct what the seo programs advice or just relax with what webmasters from google says? I see the logic behind the seo programs, but at the end google is where im intended to be ok... maybe the webamsters from google and the real tools google use to rank pages are different...

What do you think? 

Raven's auditor is pretty strict with meta length as compared to some of the other tools. A little too strict in my opinion sometimes, because the meta length is actually variable as to what google will show. 

I personally would correct it, the reason being is that the errors that these tools pick up are not error messages that GWT gives out. GWT gives very broad messages, these tools pinpoint the errors down to specifics and following good practice. 

It makes me happy to see you are using Raven, they are a local company to me and they really have a good package. I see the owner at my local SEO meetup every now and then. 

• Like 2

developers can now change behavior of the theme  .tpl files!  (if written to be ps compliant of course)

this is big stuff...so now we can actual write modules to support behaviors that are suggest by google and others, now for example one must modify by hand.tpl files to put in rich snippets...etc...

so many things we wold like to add modules for but the underlying framework is just now getting  there...but when fully done look out!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...