Multishop - Sitemaps - Verification and Google Web Masters Tools

mono1

Hello,

I have developed after many hours of working my new multishop prestashop.
It is a Prestshop 1.5.6.2 installation.
The main shop is a .com domain and the other domains are country specific domains (.gr - .de). The latest are parked domains. All the shops belong to a single shop group.

Now we are at a point where all these should put to work.
By that I mean that we should submit them to google-webmasters tools. This involves verifying that these domains are ours, create and submit sitemaps.

The sitemaps are supposed as far as I know to be included at the root folder of each shop. But the two country specific shops are just parked domains and they have no file system where I can upload the sitemaps or the google verification code.

Already google have send me a message that our main site violates google advertising policy because it includes the parked .de, .gr domains.

So I have two questions:

1. What am I missing? :)
2. Is it worth to have multishop? Or it is better to have separate installed single shops at the relevant domain names (.de, .gr)?

I am thankful in advance if anybody knows about how to proceed with the multishop-google webmasters configuration and enlighten me.

Yes Indeed..

May I PM you to give you more details?

I only use open forum, this benefits entire community and also allows others to help.

from other post, where I recommended how to get verify compelted, this has been done yes?

all domains are in the same google webmaster account, yes?

as for multishop...it rocks and your approach of one gTLD and multiple ccTLD's is perfect set up for SEO.

I just wanted to PM you in order to give you the URL's cause I didn't want to give them in public.

• Where do I upload the verification file for country specific tld shop since it is a parked domain? At the main shop's  filesystem? (so there will be 3 verification files? one for .com one for .gr and one for .de?)
  • No. They are not under the same google webmasters account. It didn't cross my mind that it has anything to do with this problem. I will change this if I can still change it.

About the sitemaps for the three shops? When google asked for sitemap it had prefilled the www.xxxxxx.gr/....... and asked me to fill the dots in order to have the address of the sitemap. But the sitemaps are created at www.xxxxxxx.com filesystem!

Regards

Edited by mono1 (see edit history)