Upgrading to 1.6 as an import just customers and orders -- is this possible?

and products need to exist in categories, and customers/orders need addresses, and the carriers that were used...

the point being, there are many database relationships that exist, and you cannot simply attempt to migrate only a handful of records

Thanks I assumed that orders were stored as relying on other data but figure maybe a small chance they were stored as completely self-contained and complete. I figured out a solution that doesn't need this now but good to know for the future.

with you experience, product customers, you could probably also do orders, but if the product/cust id's (and possibly other db id's) changed it will be more difficult.

Thanks

But in PS back office there is no any option for import order using csv.

Yes. But how to do this.?

ah, now you get to learn new things yes?

from hosting control panel, look for access to you mysql db using phpmyadmin, if you can not find then contact your hosting company.

one can import directly into mysql db, it's good to know about phpmyamdin and your db for future.

there are loads of topics on mysql, search outside of ps as well for best results.

please let us know how you get along with this.

ah, now you get to learn new things yes?

from hosting control panel, look for access to you mysql db using phpmyadmin, if you can not find then contact your hosting company.

one can import directly into mysql db, it's good to know about phpmyamdin and your db for future.

there are loads of topics on mysql, search outside of ps as well for best results.

please let us know how you get along with this.

No. Problem to occur import csv file "Invalid column count in CSV input on line 1."

No. Problem to occur import csv file "Invalid column count in CSV input on line 1."

what you are doing is done by 'advanced users', this is just what it means, so you will be increasing your skill set and pretty much means you are on your own. :)

back up back up back up, (use phpmyadmin export to back up db)

what you are doing is done by 'advanced users', this is just what it means, so you will be increasing your skill set and pretty much means you are on your own. :)

back up back up back up, (use phpmyadmin export to back up db)

I just want import order from PS 1.5 to 1.6 in any way. I already import all the things except order.

The question I would have is why go this route? I considered it because all my products need to be redone from scratch so I thought it was easier but if you are just trying to replicate a 1.6 database using data extracted from a 1.5 database why not just do a traditional upgrade?