Quick search box not working

Hello,

I am new to this, I did hours of searching and tests but cannot find the solution to my problem.

I just installed prestashop (V 1.6.0.8) and installed a new theme (http://addons.prestashop.com/demo/FO8662.html)

The layout is out of wack-most I can fix, except for the Quick Search Box. It is non-functional. When I go into module positions, it is hooked to two locations: displayHeader and displayNav. When I unhook displayHeader, the search box does functions but is positioned wildly (across the whole top of the page) and definitely not how the above demo shows. 

my URL: http://www.fittodeath.com/

Any help would be appreciated. THANK YOU.

• 4 weeks later...

I am running Prestashop 1.6.0.8  with Quick Search Block 1.5.1.  I have tried to add some alias to the search through preferences >Search.  When I enter these expression in the Quick search block, they are not found.  Below is the seach for "f balde" should go to "F blade" (which does produce results)  instead i get:

No results were found for your search "F balde"

I have tried rebuilding the index, but that does not work.  is it necessary to turn off APC?  and flush the cache?  Do any other of the perfromace features need to be turned off and cleared?  

Any help I can get would be appreciated.

I am familiar with the minimum length for search expressions.  I have changed it to 1 a long time ago, and it works well for me.  However, mis-spellings are not working for me.  Again, as mentioned "F blade" produces results, "F balde" does not.  I have entered it into the list of aliases but it does not show up.  

• 1 month later...

Regarding Aliases not working in the quick search box... there seems to be a problem with words or aliases containing an apostrophe
eg... "whats" does not work as an alias for "what's"

Am using the default theme on PS1.6.9.

Can anyone help?